This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Too good to be true!

For those who follow The Supreme Court, here is a good one.

As you may or may not know, the Supremes recently ruled in favor of devlopers in an "Eminent Domain" case. What this means is that the government can take YOUR PROPERTY, and give it to businesses who will pay more taxes.

But the likes of Bill Gates will not have to worry - people who can afford to buy high value real estate already pay a lot in property tax. So whose house will get taken away under this Eminent Domain crap? You got it - poor people's homes.

Speaking just for me I think this SUCKS. If the government wants to build a highway where my home stands, then they can negotiate a selling price to me WITHOUT using terrorist tactics. If a business wants my property, same deal. Negotiate a price! I am a reasonable person. I will not ask for more than a few million dollars. And if you do not want to pay me, fine! Build your highway, or your Wal-Mart, somewhere else. No big deal.

This is a dark day for homeowners. It is now more easy for the government to take private property away from someone, and give it to someone else. And like I said before, it is the poor that will be on the short end of this stick.

Or will they?

Here is where it gets good. On Monday, June 27 2005, Private developer, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany, the code enforcement officer of the town of Weare, New Hampshire, seeking to start the application process to build a hotel to be named "The Lost Liberty Hotel" on 34 Cilley Hill Road, the present location of Supreme Court Justice David Souter's home. Souter voted in favor of the controversial Eminent Domain decision allowing a city to take residents' homes for private development - or to be seized to make room for a new hotel.

The best part of the proposal is that there will also be a cafe called "Just Desserts". I love it.

How perfect is this? I hope this is not just a joke. Right now, all the devloper's website is doing is asking for people to buy advertisement - supposedly to go to some pro-homeowners group.

Seriously, I would invest in this project. I could not afford to give too much, but if everyone in America who thinks that Eminent Domain sucks gives just $100 they can build a pretty nice hotel on Souter's property. And why stop with Souter? I say build a hotel on ALL THE LAND owned by any Supreme Court Justice who voted in favor of this crap. Hand it over to any private devloper - it really does not matter. Just so long as Eminent Domain is used, and the owner only gets a fraction of the actual value of the land. See how the Supreme Clowns feel about Eminent Domain then.

Really. I hope the Lost Liberty Hotel project is not a joke.

9 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Sweet! *I* would donate phat money to this.

07:43  
Blogger Lila said...

Thanks for the info, Lazy Iguana!

08:54  
Blogger Fred said...

I'd love to see this happen.

What was so odd about this decision is that the liberal justices voted for it. When I first heard the decison, I thought the conservatives had their way with the law again.

There's good news, though. Visit Raine's blog for a good udpate. If you read the analysis she points to, it does say there's a glimmer of hope.

Here's her post:
http://raineblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/fifth-amendment-on-its-head.html

09:01  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

We're gonna be buying a home soon. I hope no ones decides to take it away unless they offer me big bucks for it... and I mean BIG bucks.
I love the bull WITH a china shop. Very cute.

09:26  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

A friend of mine has started calling him Poetic Justice Souter.

10:15  
Blogger TLP said...

This decision by the Supremes was the worse I can remember. i just cannot imagine that they thought it was right!

12:49  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Well today with the announcement of Justice Sandra Day O'Conner stepping down, expect even worse rulings.

14:18  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

I really hope they go after Souter's house. He would so deserve it. He probably was thinking of some poor hick when he wrote that decision, not himself. Let's see if he thinks this eminent domain decision is so hot now.

14:38  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I agree! I hope this hotel thing is not just a joke. Every Justice that voted yes should have a devloper try to take away their property to build something else on.

Then go after the golf courses. Chances are, the Justices could simply afford to move. But how would their rich friends feel if they caused a devloper to turn the Country Club into a mini-golf course? I would also invest in that cause.

15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home