This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Do we make ANYTHING in America anymore?

My parents went to Alabama and Mississppi recently. One of my relitaves got hitched. I did not go because I really do not like to go to either Alabama or Mississippi. Plus, I had to work. Getting the time off was not going to be possible, unless I gave up my time in Sanibel (NOT going to happen!).

Anyway, they brought me back a gift from somewhere in Alabama. It was partly a joke, and partly because they seem to think I collect these things (I dont, I just happen to own a large number of them because I use them).

Now this is not the same glass I was given (I can not get the digital camera to focus on the glass), but it is close. My glass says something on it, along with having the Stars And Bars. Part of the joke is the rebel flag, my mom knows how I think when I see old trucks covered in rebel flag stickers (drunken inbred toothless REDNECK throwback to the 1840s).

Anyway, what got my attention was a sticker on the bottom of the glass. MADE IN CHINA. Thats right, Alabama redneck rebel flag shot glasses are made in CHINA!

So, is anything made in America anymore? And if so - what? Obviously not shot glasses.
I stuck the MADE IN CHINA sticker above the rebel flag. It is really funny, in a way. The same Americans who will proudly announce to anyone that will listen that they hate the Chinese buy all their products from China.

10 Comments:

Blogger Raph said...

I guess it's kinda like Panama hats (they're made in Ecuador).

06:59  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

*LOL* Yeah, you're right. It's the same complaint that I make as well. First, I don't see why we allow this flag to be displayed anywhere. Whatever it may have meant at one time, it doesn't mean that anymore. Now it simply stands for ignorance and racial hatred. You'll never see a black person with this flag on the back of his truck!

As for China, they basically own our *sses, now.

07:34  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Made in America label. My father is a retired mechanic/union man and he has always encouraged me to buy American as much as possible but quite frankly there just isn't anything out there anymore.

The people who drive the trucks with the rebel flags are also the people who buy all their shirts at WalMart at the rock bottom price of 3 for $10.00 (also made in China.) Can someone explain to me the allure of the rebel flag to some people? Very weird.

07:37  
Blogger Fred said...

I wonder if a redneck in China made the glass. Come to think of it, what is a redneck Chinese person?

08:28  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes, I bought a blouse a couple of months ago made in America and it cost me almost triple the price for something made outside our country. Another contradiction.

09:19  
Blogger Jane said...

It's the same in the UK almost everything cheap is made in China and we also get some numpties sticking the rebel flag on their car bumpers. Why for goodness sake , you're a British idiot not an American one.

Yes I do know that the British helped the rebel states during the American Civil war, not one of our greatest moments.

10:08  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

God bless America! Very few of the Chinese know that CHRIST is LORD.

15:07  
Blogger TLP said...

Yeah. Too bad. I can't think of much that's made here. Sad news.

18:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my doublewide was made in mexico!

00:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lazyreptile. I think that's a truly appropriate handle because you obviously are too lazy to think for yourself or find out how things really are in Mississippi, Alabama or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Guess you are spending too much time in your piece of crap boat to bother. Easier to get your hate from the boob-tube I guess. I live in Mississippi which is home to many HARDworking folks manufacturing plants by-the-way and if we are prejudiced about anything it's against people who stereotype those of us in the South. Your idiotic spew and aversion to us is a symptom of the same kind of soft-hate-marginalizing-through-stereotyping behavior that perpetuated slavery in the first place, causes most wars/terrorism, and allows genocide to take place. "If they're kinda dumb and I don't really like them then, I guess it's ok if we hang/blow-up/throw a few in a big oven." By-the-way other jerkoffs, 10's of thousands of folks here in Mississippi are living in trailers much smaller than a double wide because they lost their home in Katrina. You won't hear any of them wining about it though. Imagine spending a year in a camper trailer with your entire family in the middle of a giant steaming pile of crap and you get might get the picture.

17:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home