This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Shooting At MIA.

In case you have not heard, there WAS a shooting at the airport I work at. Do a Google News search and you will get tons of stories.

All I know if whatever the news reports say. I was in concourse H when the shooting took place at concourse D gate 42. CC H is a fair distance from CC D. I did not even know something happened. I got the news from another airport employee when I was in the airport hotel lobby.

Anyway, the event did not really effect my overtime day. One of the flights I had to meet was an hour late, but that happens even when there are no shootings.

The event was tragic, a man was killed. According to reports, the man had mental problems and his wife was saying he had not taken his medication. Not taking your medication is not a reason for law enforcement to shoot you - but then again the guy made a threat in an airport. If there was a bomb in his bag, and he had detonated it, a lot of people could been hurt or killed. The FAMs had no way to know there was no bomb.

Therefore, I do not think that excessive force was used. FAMs are highly trained professionals. They have been flying since at least 2002 - and have never made the news for anything like this.

6 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

It is tragic when something like this happens but I certainly can't blame the Marshalls for doing exactly what they are trained to do.

I'm glad you weren't anywhere near it when it happened.

06:53  
Blogger TLP said...

Sad. But I don't blame the marshalls either. Sh*t happens.

10:14  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I agree with you, and am very glad you're OK.

10:41  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I agree, Iguana. I am glad you were not hurt.

I have a post on this very subject on my blog today as well. It seems to me that the marshalls did not need to use deadly force on this guy.

12:53  
Blogger dddragon said...

I can't blame the Marshalls for doing what they were trained to do. I think it's tragic that it happened.

16:59  
Blogger Sar said...

I had no idea this happened at the airport where you work (or that you work at an airport for that matter, I'm the newbie here!). Nonetheless glad you were out of harms way.

17:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home