This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

F. I. Who??

As some of you may or may not know, I graduated from FIU. What is that??!?!? Never heard of FIU?!?!

I do not blame you. The school is not on the national radar for any good programs, although the college of business is supposedly decent, and the hospitality management program is the best in the state. The school has a basketball team, but it is a girl's team with no chance of ever getting to the playoffs because of the division it plays in. There is a football program, but the same problem holds for it. None of the games will ever be televised - and there is no way the team can go to a bowl game.

So nobody outside of South Florida knows about Florida International University. UF and FSU students make fun of the place. I call it "F.I. Who" because nobody really knows about it. Also it sounds funny.

But now my university is on the national radar! It is a blip now! All thanks to a professor by day, and a spy for Fidel Castro at night. FIU is now known as "that spy university in Miami".

I think this is good for me and my degree. If I apply for a job outside South Florida, now at least the person reading my resume will know FIU is considered a real school (it is a State University) and not some cracker-jack box get your degree for $100 fly by night scam place.

And this also opens up new and exciting career opportunities for me. I can now enter the fast paced world of corporate espionage. Yo Church's Fried Chicken - want to know what the Colonel's secret blend of herbs and spices are? Hire me. I graduated from the spy university in Miami!

But fast food is not all I can spy on! Oh no! I will also spy on Anhiser-Bush while working for Coors. I can spy on Disney World while working for Universal Studios. I can spy on Ford while working for GM. The possibilities are endless!

And the best part - getting TWO paychecks. I would also get to be all mysterious and stuff. I could wear spy type clothes to my cover job, and plant listening devices all over the place. I could build my own cell composed of employees who dislike the boss or the company. If I am lucky, I could get my spy job employer to buy me a tricked out Aston Martin with the oil slick, smoke screen, rocket launcher, and other stuff installed.

I am going to start sending off my NEW resume today!

In other news, on the 11th I turned 32. My back hurt a little this morning. Signs of things to come I suppose.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lissette said...

That's why the University is off the national radar, because it's a spy University....get it!

Never mind me, I'm sick and the medicines are starting to affect me.

09:26  
Blogger Lissette said...

OK, I just finished reading your blog, and you didn't tell anyone your birthday was yesterday!! Happy Birthday buddy!

09:28  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The date of age change should be kept a secret. I learned that in a senior level class at Spy U.

10:22  
Blogger TLP said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! So young.

If you get to be a spy, demand a shoe phone. And a cone of silence.

16:52  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

This is another marvellous post. I mentioned one of your posts in my Clearwater post yesterday, BTW.

I adore your writing style, just adore it!!! I truly enjoy reading this blog.

OK, OK, enough grovelling admiration. All I can say is congratulations for choosing a college that had (until now) been off my radar, but now the secret is out! Spy U! Good choice!

21:13  
Blogger mal said...

you have my sympathies. I went to no name schools too, CSUF, CSULB and Univ of St Thomas, yup all well known "Pavement League" schools

17:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

University of St. Thomas on the island of Saint Thomas??? That would be sweet.

23:06  
Blogger mal said...

*L* University of St Thomas in St Paul MN....not so sweet

10:34  
Blogger The Devil Uno said...

You might as well just start printing money.

14:33  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I considered just printing money. I concluded that I would just get busted.

20:24  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Hummm....maybe I can buy a house, rent it to you, and have you pay my mortgage! Sweet.

23:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home