This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Weekend Plans

My days off are Wednesday and Thursday. So that makes today (Tuesday) Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday. Friday, by a strange twist of fate, is actually Monday. And Monday is Thursday.

This is good in some ways, and it sucks in other ways. First the good parts.

1. Nothing is ever crowded on Saturday or Sunday. I can go to Metrozoo and have the entire place to myself. I never have to look for space at a bar, or wait in any lines for anything. It is like having a personal weekend, all to yourself. I can hang out on my weekend at Starbucks, and people look at me like "who is this guy bumming around on a weekday? Does he know what the word job means?".

2. Tuesday and Wednesday (what you call Saturday and Sunday) are "no boss days". Nobody is in the office except me, the mice, the bugs, the cleaning staff, and one or two co-workers. So we can have office chair races! We can also play "re-arrange other people's stuff". It is a lot of fun.

3. I can listen to my office sound system at a slightly higher volume.


This is my office sound system. NOTE - my new Sony PSP which can play MP3 files is not in the picture.

Now for the bad parts.

1. Everyone else has their weekend on Tuesday and Wednesday. People usually call me on Monday to tell me about things that are going on. Do they not know it is Monday? Don't they have to work on Tuesday?

2. I do not get to do very much anymore. If I do decide to go somewhere, it often comes down to going solo. Everyone else is at work or something.

3. I have the time to do stuff, and I also have some money to do stuff - but the last time I did anything was when I went to see the King Tut thing in December. Since then my weekends consisted of hanging out with Cornelius and Fred, watching TV, playing PS2 games, and some bike riding once I have had enough of the TV.

So what do I have planned for this weekend?

1. I might go lobstering tomorrow night. Maybe. It depends on the wind and the tide tables. I go at night because the bugs crawl the grass flats at night, there is no sun (and no sunburn), and the beer stays cooler longer once you remove it from the ice.

2. I would like to ride Shark Valley. This is in Everglades National Park. Oddly enough, it is not a valley (there are no mountains in Floirda) and there are no sharks (the region is all fresh water). Whoever named it Shark Valley must have been stoned and on LSD. The ride will be 14 or 15 miles, on a paved trail. It should be named "Alligator Swampland". Or maybe "Mosquito Junction". But Shark Valley? Come on now.

3. My truck still needs new ball joints! There was a recall, so it will be free. I just have to get my lazy ass up in the morning and take the truck to the dealer. This item is the LEAST LIKELY plan to happen.

4. Cornelius and Fred probably want to be fed. So does Max the lizard.

I will find out on Monday if the days I requested off are approved. I need these days to go to the Miami International Boat Show, and two marine flea markets.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

I have a weird schedule too. I often work on weeknights and weekends. I know exactly what you mean about the pros and cons.

I think the worst part is the social isolation; there are fewer people around when I'm working -- and fewer people around when I'm not working! It's kinda lonely.

12:37  
Blogger TLP said...

Yeah. I get it.

Being retired is the best of both worlds. I can do stuff during the week when the bank, etc., isn't busy. But I've started to avoid going anywhere on the weekends, 'cause I hate the crowds. Still, I'm available if something good comes up.

17:23  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I want to go on the 10 hour 4 days a week schedule. The County is doing is so that employees can save gas. In this senario, I would get either Friday/Saturday + one other random day off OR Sunday/Monday + one other random day off.

The random days would be limited to Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

00:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home