This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

First Post Of 2006

So, here it is. The new year. So far it is a lot like the final day of 2005. I was hanging out with Cornelius and Fred last night, and the boy cats are still here, bugging me because they probably want food. I got today off at the very last minute and so I did not have any plans. Oh well. I was sort of tired anyway, and not really in the "get blotto" kind of mood.

It feels like just another day to me. I do have the day off, I ca$hed out one of my hurricane administrative days. Admin time is fun. The County Manager can decide to grant this time whenever he or she feels like it, but usually there is a good reason.

Like a hurricane hits, or it is a major holiday. If you are supposed to work when admin time is granted, and you do not show up for various reasons (like your roof was ripped off, or your car is under a tree) you still get paid for the day. If you show up to work, you get paid AND you get the administrative time that you can use in the next 6 months. If it is your day off, you get nada. Squat. Diddly. So I like to show up on administrative days.

So I worked the day after Katrina, Rita, and Wilma. I also racked up some half days for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. Add this time to the holidays I banked and I have close to 2 weeks vacation time - not bad for a job that only started in August.

This year I did not resolve to do anything. What is the point? Who the hell actually makes a resolution that they do not just forget about a few days later? And people always make such HUGE resolutions. Like for example "I will loose weight, win the Boston Marathon, and walk on the moon!".

Yea right. Just stick to the first one, you are not going to win the Boston Marathon. And since "loose weight" is a very common resolution, set a little goal that you can get to quickly. This way you do not get discouraged and give up. Once you reach the mini-goal you can always set another.

This applies to any resolution, not just weight loss! For example, say you resolve to give up smoking. Cold turkey is a hard road to follow, so set a short term goal to smoke fewer sticks per day. Cut back on the number of sticks, one by one, and eventually you will be able to quit buying the packs of squares.

If you resolved to quit drinking, cold turkey is the way to go. Send all your unwanted booze to
Unwanted Booze, P.O Box 430028, Miami FL, 33165. I will see to it that it is properly disposed of. Please, no unwanted smokes. And also no unwanted booze - this is a totally fake P.O. Box number, but the zip code is real.

In other news, one of the blogs I read has decided to shut down. Godless Mom In The Bible Belt will be taken down soon.

Oh yea, one more thing. TRY to remember to write 06 on your checks and other documents now.

3 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

Writing "06" may be the hardest thing about a new year!

I'll miss Godless Mom. I didn't always comment, but I always read.

Hope we all have a better 2006 than 2005!

13:53  
Blogger TLP said...

Happy New Year Lazy I.

Sad news about Godless Mom. I read her and usually comment.

A nice, quiet, relaxing, don't-have-to-do-anything day is a blessing.

14:26  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yeah, I just saw that about Godless Mom, too. Another one I read also decided to stop blogging. In his case he implied it was time to go back into the 'real world'. But I don't agree that blogging takes you out of the 'real world'. Instead, it allows you access to people who you would otherwise never meet, and who enrich your life like no one else nearby does! However, family must come first, and if it gets in the way of family time, it's more than understandable. *sigh*

BTW, it's very noble of you to offer to take all that unwanted alcohol off of everyone's hands.

21:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home