This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Post Eating

It happened. Blogger ate one of my posts. And it was a good one too. All about why YOU should stop buying those old tungsten filament light bulbs and go power compact! You can save a little bit of money and electricity.

But if everyone did this nation wide, the savings are huge. Fat people at an all-you-can-eat buffet huge. Maybe even larger.

If you were able to read the post - GREAT! If not complain to blogger. Something screwy happened. I will re-post the highlights.

1. A 23 watt power compact light puts out the same amount of light as a 100 watt filament bulb.
2. If everyone in America changed three 100 watt filament bulbs for three 23 watt power compact lights, the energy savings nation-wide would be equal to the output of 11 coal burning power plants. This assumes that the lights burn for 5 hours a day.
3. In a year, your savings would vary depending on how much you pay for electricity - but it would be fair to estimate your savings to be about $15.

And so on. CLICK HERE if you care to read more.

I made the blog smaller. The main page now only goes back 5 days. And now that I have the cool lazyiguana.org webpage, fewer photos will be here - and the photos will be a little smaller. The result should be a much faster loading page. My ultimate goal is to keep the size of this page UNDER 250k.

My office tank has still NOT cycled! I have no idea what the hell is taking so long. I am going to ask the fish store for some filter sponge squeezings on Wednesday. The filter sponges at the store should be full of good bacteria and stuff.

At my place of employment, there are all sorts of stores. This is not exactly good for me. I am weak. I see stuff, and I buy it. There is one store where everything is $10. It is called the "$10 Botique". It is like a dollar store, but it is in an airport so it is more expensive and has better stuff. I have bought 7 ties from that place, and there are 2 more I saw today that I want. They are 100% silk ties, so $10 is not a bad price at all. And I get an employee discount of 10%, so for me everything is $9.

But today was over the top. This place opened up called "Airport Wireless". They sell Palm PDA stuff and accessories. And all sorts of other stuff. Bluetooth headsets. Bluetooth keyboards. SD memory. Software for Palm PDAs. Stuff like that.

So I bought this.


This device has 4 gigs of onboard memory. I can load an assload of MP3 files into it, or even movies if I use DVD Shrink. The screen is small, so I can compress the crap out of a movie and it will still look good. There is software that will take a movie on DVD and make it less than 200 megs. Yea, you loose a lot of resolution - but you would not notice that on the PDA screen.

So now I can put all the phone numbers I need at work on the PDA. Yea, the little briefcase thing I have did the same thing, and for a lot less money - but the PDA is smaller. And lighter. And cooler looking. And I look more important with the PDA than the little notebook / briefcase thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger mal said...

I have had weird blog stuff of late too. Worst one was not being able to save drafts. I would withdraw my subscription in protest, but they are not charging me.

How do you complain about something free?

09:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we use CFL's (compact flourescent lamps) all over the house. 1 up on that, my nightstand lamp uses a white LED bulb. you turn the lamp off and it takes 30 secs or so for the led's to extinguish just from the charge left over in the capacitors in the ac/dc filter network.

we did notice a difference in the electric bill of about $25-50 a month after we implented various cost saving measures. turned water heater down to 120 deg, a/c at 78 during the day and CFL's all over the house.

i have found CFL's at the dollar store. the 13-15 watt bulbs are just right for most house lamps being about equivalent to the light given off by 60-70 watt filament bulbs.

there is a differenc in bulbs though. some give off a more pleasing ivory colored light while some have that white/bluish old school flourescent tube color that i personally find sterile and too "office looking" in the house.

sometimes you can look closely at a new bulb and note a slight difference in the glass color. the ones that have an offwhite color to them generally give off light that better mimics that of a filament bulb and not that nasty white/bluish public school light color.

13:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home