This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Interview With A Lazy Bum

Today will feature a half ass post. One of these "meme" things. Who the crap came up with calling them "memes" anyway? Is that part of a real word or something?

You know how these work. Someone invents a set of "rules" and you simply follow them. Maybe you have to find pictures. Maybe you have to answer questions. Maybe you have to run naked through the mall and post the video on You Tube. Whatever.

The point is that it makes for an easy post. You do not have to think up stuff to say. Just follow the instructions! Answer the questions! Steal a cool fuzzy hat from a member of the British Royal Guard and run around London saying "All right then! Move along!" while doing your best silly walk.

NOTE - I do not recommend stealing the cool fuzzy hat from the Royal Guard. You will probably get clubbed like the animal that the hat is made from. Bear I think.

So here we go! Rules for this thing are after the questions. The questions are from Ba Doozie

1. Have you ever been married, and if not, have you been engaged or in a very serious relationship/how long?

I have never been married or engaged. If you define "very serious" as a relationship that you thought may lead to engagement, then I have never been in a "very serious" relationship. Just the regular kind of serious but not really relationships. I keep running into crazy chicks, or chicks who think I do not make enough money.

2. Do you like your job and if not what would you rather be doing to earn money?

My current "job" has me as a sort of "private contractor". My checks come from a public institution, but there is no guarantee of work on a day to day basis. If I want work, I have to go look for it. And even then, sometimes there is none.

It is OK for extra income, like if I had a regular full time job with days off during the week and just wanted to make some extra cash on my days off. But it is unreliable for a long term employment solution. I plan to have a full time job back soon.

I liked my last full time job. I had the same attitude "Friday" after work as I did on "Monday" morning. It was shift work so sometimes my Monday was Friday for everyone else in the USA. This made my Friday the same as Tuesday. But whatever. I liked the job and did not really want to leave. But budget cuts happen! So you just roll with it and keep slogging along.

I suppose if I could do ANYTHING I wanted, I would work for the State Department Foreign Service. Assuming I could pick all the places I would be sent to and stuff. I would also like to work for DERM - if I could get a slot that would put me out on the water in one of the DERM boats every day.

3. Do you have siblings, if so who and how many?

I had a brother, who died in 2000. He had a chronic illness and so it was not exactly out of the blue. His health had been going downhill for a year or two before he died.

4. What was your first car?

A 1989 Dodge Daytona with a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual transmission. I had the non turbo charged version of the car.


Just like this one, only mine was black, did not have the stupid fin thing on the back, and I had the "turbo" wheels. I found someone selling the wheels off his dead Daytona "Shelby" after he cranked up the turbo charger just a little too high and blew up the engine. I got the rims for $120 and they came with new racing tires. The factory wheels were 14 inch steel wheels with hub caps. The "turbo" wheels were 16 inch aluminum alloy wheels. What makes tires "racing" tires? The rubber is super soft so they do not last very long. But man do they grip the road.

The car put up with A LOT of abuse, and was pretty tough. It was a hatchback and you could load an unbelievable amount of crap in it. I buried the key to it in Skull Valley, Arizona when I was there in 1999.

5. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

Well lets see here. By "adventurous" do you mean exciting or stupid? Cause stupid is hard to pin down. There was the time I managed to set my hand on fire. That was pretty stupid. And then there was the time I decided to try to go out in 4 - 6 foot seas in my 18 foot boat. That was kind of stupid.

But for pure adventure, I suppose my two day hike on the Appalachian Trail would rank pretty high. That was a lot of fun. And then there was the time I was lost in the Everglades overnight. I was not really THAT lost, I knew all I had to do was head north and sooner or later I would run into a road. And I knew the road was not more than 10 miles away. But I did not know exactly 100% where I was. This was before the days when everyone had a hand held GPS thing. So I had to find a place to sleep overnight, surrounded by tall grass. Not sawgrass, I was not in the "swamp" area of the everglades. I was in an area that is wet in the rainy season. It was kind of cool. It was comforting to know that nobody had seen a FL Black Bear in the area in a very long time. I could find no evidence of panthers either - there was no poop to be found. Of course, cats bury that stuff right?!?! The biggest concern was poisonous snakes. The sky out there was pretty dark and you could see a lot of stars.

DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone
else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them
five questions.

NOTE - I am pretty lazy. I will not feel too bad if nobody says "interview me". But feel free to do so if you want.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to look it up on my mac dictionary


meme |mēm| noun Biology an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp. imitation.

00:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent answers, the most thorough I've seen. so your car was done for by the time it was 10 yrs old? wow. Maybe you could get a really cool job like selling Mary Kay, or tuperware? All the ladies would like it if you sold that there "nylon polymer". for effect you could run it over with your boat

00:46  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The car was done by 1998. I just kept the key after the junker hauled it off.

01:05  
Blogger Jenn said...

so now we have all the evidence we need to harass you more (in comments, that is..)

Hey, what are friends for?

04:24  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Evidence is sometimes a bad thing.

15:52  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Actionbell - The Daytona was pretty fun to drive. And it looked fast, even if it was not. The turbo version was pretty fast, for its class anyway.

Netflix is an addictive thing.

17:27  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

That is a Babemobile. I was hoping it was going to be a 67 Roadrunner. I'm looking for one.

I never do the question things because they require too much typing.

You need to knock-up some chick so that you can have kids. You need a legacy.

19:52  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

At the moment, I can not afford a legacy.

20:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love senor's idea. Yes Lazy, what legacy ARE you leaving? a petrified turd?

00:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

First things first! I need to either:

A) improve the job situation so I will not have to put the kid on food stamps

OR

B) find a chick with money and knock her up.

01:31  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Oh what the hell, interview me. It will put you to sleep but maybe you needed to sleep.
cheesemeister@cheesemeistercosmos.org
Or just leave the questions in the comment on my latest post. It will be non-sequitor to everyone else, but who cares about them anyway?

I'm sorry about your brother. That sucks. I'd feel terrible if anything ever happened to my brother.

02:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home