This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Got UnLazy And MOVIE REVIEW!

If Unlazy is a word, then I am using it properly. However if it is not a real word I just made it up and hereby claim all rights associated with it.

Speaking of assholes trying to "copyright" words and phrases, can you believe that Dead Muskrat Hair Man tried to claim all rights to "you're fired"? Yup - he tried to make "you're fired" a trademark, and license it for others to say. What a mega turd flower. That would be like me trademarking "bicycle" or "poker chip". The courts threw it out.

As many people know, Don Ho died. As Caiman pointed out, is it proper for the media to keep calling the man by his last name? "Ho"? Good thing his first name was not "Greasy Head" or something.

Anyway, this made me think of something. WHO HAS / HAD THE FUNNIEST NAME???? The contestants are:

1. Don Ho
2. Dick Trickle
3. Dick Butkus
4. P. Diddy
5. Markie Mark

And now for the unlazy part! I actually took the memory stick out of the digital camera, stuck it in the 6 in 1 card reader PCMCIA thing I keep in the laptop, and uploaded the photos I took! Hooray! NOTE - click the photos to make them larger. Large photos are around 2 megs each


This is a photo taken towards the end of the event. The people you see were the volunteer trash collectors. The trash is in the bags. Some other boat came by to pick up the garbage. I transported 5 of the people. Other boats took the rest.


This is ICW marker 29. This is what you would call a "daymark". It does not have a light, so on the chart it is a green square. If it were a lit marker it would look like a ! symbol. You can tell this marker is part of the Intra Coastal Waterway because there is a yellow mark on it. Cool huh? The manatee sign means that you have to go SLOW. Even if you are in the ICW. You still have to go slow. The water police will give you a ticket if you do not go slow.


This is the Carnival Imagination at the Port Of Miami. When the photo was taken the ship was taking on passengers, and getting ready to depart on another cruise. I was on that boat. It is a little larger than my boat, but it also uses up a lot more fuel. All the boats in the foreground are anchored and are pretty much always there. This is one of the few remaining free anchorage places left. I was by the Miami Yacht Club and the new Parrot Jungle at the time, having lunch.


This is the pirate ship that roams Biscayne Bay. The scurvy crew operates out of Bayside Marina. Some people on board were probably drinking. They tried to board me, but my blunderbuss is legendary for its ability to keep idiots away from me.


MOVIE REVIEW!!! Children Of Men. what a gritty film! It is the near future, and no children have been born for at least 18 years. We know this because the "youngest person on Earth" is killed and the news mentions his age. Anyway people are freaking out about it. And probably having a lot of sex - but they do not get into that aspect.

Anyway, as you probably guessed a woman gets pregnant. The movie revolves around getting her and her baby the hell out of the madness going on in Europe and somewhere she will be safe.

Did I mention gritty? Well it is. In one part an explosion goes off and blood spatters on the camera lens - and remains there for a while. The director apparently was into long takes. That little added touch of realism was unexpected.

It is a good movie. The ending is very nautical.

Thanks to Normy for the movie suggestion!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too noticed the blood on the camera lense, and made a mental note to myself that I have not ever witnessed that before on a staged movie.

I also was curious, the prego lady, she could have gotten her point across that she was prego by simply lifting her shirt, but NOOOO she had to remove the shirt so we could witness her saggy boobies. WTF?

The pics are great. love the pirate ship.

15:17  
Blogger Daisy said...

I am very happy that so much trash got picked up. I do not like to look at trash. What a worthy event! And your boat looks great. I am glad those pirates did not get on board.

I think the funniest name is Puff Daddy. I mean P. Daddy. Er, I meant Puff Diddy. Oops, P. Diddy. What's his name again?

15:32  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - the blood spatter on the lens was unexpected, but would probably happen for real if a camera was that that close to an actual battle. The National Geographic boobs were totally unnecessary, but I suppose that really gets the point across. By National Geographic boobs I mean saggy, not dark. Perky boobs are much more fun to look at.

If you ever come to Miami, you can sail on the pirate ship for a measly $17. Childrens tickets are less.

Daisy - my boat is not in any photos, because it is kind of hard to get a wide shot of a boat you are in. The boat in the photo is a 19 footer with a 175 HP outboard. I have a 18 foot with a 150. My bow rail is higher, but does not go as far back. My Bimini top is dark blue.

17:51  
Blogger The Devil Uno said...

O the year was 1778
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
A letter of marque came from the king
To the scummiest vessel I've ever seen

God damn them all
I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold
We'd fire no guns, shed no tears
Now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers

2. O Elcid Barrett cried the town
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
For twenty brave men all fishermen who
Would make for him the Antelope's crew
God damn them all . . . .

3. The Antelope sloop was a sickening site
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
She'd list to the port and her sails in rags
And the cook in the scuppers with the staggers and jags
God damn them all . . . .

4. On the King's birthday we put to sea
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
Ninety-one days to Montego Bay
Pumping like madmen all the way
God damn them all . . . .

5. On the ninety-sixth day we sailed again
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
When a great big Yankee hove in sight
With our cracked four-pounders we made to fight
God damn them all . . . .

6. The Yankee lay low down with gold
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
She was broad and fat and loose in stays
But to catch her took the Antelope two whole days
God damn them all . . . .

7. Then at length she stood two cables away
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
Our cracked four-pounders made awful din
But with one fat ball the Yank stove us in
God damn them all . . . .

8. The Antelope shook and pitched on her side
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
Barrett was smashed like a bowl of eggs
And the main truck carried off both me legs
God damn them all . . . .

9. Now here I lay in my twenty-third year
How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now
It's been six years since we sailed away
And I just made Halifax yesterday
God damn them all . . . .

19:33  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Great pictures. I had to laugh at that first one because I just bought a hat like that fat dudes because it keeps the sun off my ears. Now I know what a dork I look like.

Clearwater has a better looking pirate ship but yours isn't too bad.

It was very nice of you to try to clean up the mess. I'm going to issue you an award.

20:58  
Blogger Jenn said...

You forgot the name Edith Head.

She was a legendary, Academy Award Winning clothing designer (count 30+ awards)in the 40's, 50's, 60's...

I did not know you were such a movie buff..I knew I liked you.

23:19  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Actionbell - Ah. Those kinds of protesters. And they are there every week? That is kind of nutty. The movie was pretty good. Maybe the protesters would know more about how to knock someone up.

Uno - would you believe I know that song? Really. Check out the Iguana Music.

Caiman - I bought a Tilley hat from Tilley Endurables. It does a great job at keeping the sun off your ears. And it does not look as goofy.

23:21  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Emma - Edith Head is also a funny name. Thanks for the late entry. But Dick Trickle is hard to compete against. I would change my name to anything.

23:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was once a patient at an office where I worked, an elderly lady who's name was

Hulda Dick. yup. no one wanted to call her back.

00:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

People that give their kids funny names ought to be flogged.

01:55  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

It's a tie between Dick Trickle and Dick Butkus.
When my father was in school he knew a girl named Ima Golden Lily. In my day, I had a friend who knew a pair of twins named Peter and Richard Liss. And yes, they called Richard "Dick."

07:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home