This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Holy Shit!

It seems I have been neglecting this blog. I have no good excuse, other than having nothing to say and being very busy.

Work is a drag. And also a reason for staying anonymous! The cheap bastards I work for (and they are cheap bastards) have this Orwellian "thou shalt not talk shit on the internet" policy. So if they find out who I am, and that I am actually talking about them - bad shit can happen to me.

And really this makes sense. You hear all the time about people getting in trouble for their blog. This is why I actually AM a giant lizard, and why I work for mumble mumble. Cough. In fact, it is ALWAYS a good idea to remain anonymous. You never know when something you say can get you fired later.

But I have plans to move on anyway. It has become clear to me that the current employer is a dry hole. They are playing the "shit economy" game, and choosing to defer compensation and just risk losing people. That is fine with me - it is not my business. Once I leave I could give a shit less if they close or continue. The owners are rich anyway - so whatever happens they still own a bunch of other shit. In my view - they have a golden opportunity to build and keep a highly loyal and very sharp team - but they are pissing it away. Once the job market is back I estimate 75% (at least) of the people there now will bail out. What they will be left with are the people that do not speak English or that can not obtain any other job. The competition and/or other opportunities will take the rest.

The bike thing is working out well enough. I can easily do 30 miles nonstop. I can hold an average speed of almost 15 mph - and maybe higher if I push myself. I really need to try to ride with a moderate pace group (say a 16 mph group) to see how long I can keep up.

But after a 30 mile ride I feel like going on another 30 after a short rest. Of course I never do - but I feel like I can.

I really need to find a weekend group going on a 50 mile ride, or even a metric century (meaning 100 kilometers). Just to see if I can hang. If I can hang then great. If I can not hang Ill get dropped, and just ride back to the vehicle and try again later. Not a big deal at all.

Anyhow, that is about it. For now anyway :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Well, glad to hear from you. I am actually a giant bat who works for the Gerri Atrik Retirement Community, who also has an Orwellian policy about not discussing your fine employer on the Internet. They pay well enough and have decent enough benefits that I'm not thinking about moving on anytime soon, but I do hope to one day before I'm a senior citizen get out of the health care business. If your job offers no amenities and is simply a wheel upon which to make you feel like a hamster, moving on is definitely called for.

05:53  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Just happened to stop by here, mostly out of curiosity, and there was an actual post! Wow. Jobs are just jobs. I'm only in it for the money anyway. I'm supposed to be able to retire, but the numbers don't add up. So I guess I'll just keep at it.

19:03  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Just passing thru. Hope you're well.

03:46  
Blogger TLP said...

Just checking in to see if we should be worried about the Cone of Death....

16:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tires are so important in the vehicle.. if it is not well branded then some problem may arise..but some perons will concentrate on starting a family and raising awareness for his cause a little closer to home. Tires Miami

00:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home