This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Job Saga Part 2 - Formality And Protocol

Today's interview at the airport was pretty much a repeat of the first interview I went on a month or so ago - only there was one important difference.

The first time I went, I was interviewed by a team of two people. They seemed to be in a hurry to hire someone. I was told they would get back to me the next week, and they never did. I left a few messages that were never returned. So, I figured that the position was filled.

As it turned out, the formal process was not followed. Today I was interviewed by a team of 4 people, with one observer. Each person asked one question, then all 4 rated my answer. They told me that I would hear back from them "very soon".

The position is full time, but dried up in May 2006. I think this fact will prevent some of the applicants from taking it. I am thinking that if I get the job, it could lead to another position at the airport or another position with Dade County in another department.

I will have to walk a lot, but this is not a problem. Miami International Airport is easy to move around in - it is designed very well. Moving from one end of the terminal to the other can be done quickly using the moving walkway on the third level. Not a lot of people know about the walkway, so it is never packed full of people. I worked for TSA, so I know what I have to do to get past the metal detectors without alarming them (basicly, put EVERYTHING you have on the x-ray belt. No big secret there - the machines detect metal, so do not have any on you. Gum wrappers and medicine foil packages count as metal).

I expect to hear from them next week if I am selected.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

best of luck!!!

22:37  
Blogger thc said...

Don't forget to send them thank you letters! I've hired a lot of people, but I never hired anyone who couldn't take the time to send me a letter after the interview.

10:35  
Blogger Lila said...

Yes, good luck... I hope you get it! I've often thought that I would enjoy working in an airport. I love the coming and going. There are lots of interesting tearful goodbyes and joyful hellos... There are people from all over the world... A real slice of life.

12:01  
Blogger dddragon said...

Ditto on the good luck!!

15:11  
Blogger Fred said...

Ditto on the dittos.

11:42  
Blogger TLP said...

Glad to hear that you are still in the running. *crossing my fingers for you*

16:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home