This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, July 22, 2005

I MADE IT!!!

Well, I am here. And by here, I mean there. In Sanibel. An island off Fort Myers Florida. HOORAY!

It was an adventure getting here. First off, my dad was going to pull the boat with the Dodge Durango. This is ALWAYS a bad idea. Why? Because Durangos are made by DODGE, and that means only one thing.

The Durango broke today. My dad drove it to the gas station, filled the tank, then the ABS light started to go bonkers. The anti-lock brakes were not anti-locking. The Dodge dealer could not fix the problem till Monday.

So, this set off a whole chain of events. First, there was the standard "screw it! Vacation over!" line. My dad likes to bring all kinds of shit with him on vacation, so if everyone fit into my truck there is no way there would be room for all the "important" stuff. What did he bring? Salad dressing. And other shit like that. WHY?!!?!?!?

I reminded my dad that I pull the boat all the time. I use it more than he uses it (it is a community boat). My truck COULD pull the boat. And his old Honda COULD make the trip.

So the vacation was back on. I hitched up the boat, and all the crap in the Durango was loaded into the Honda and the open bed of my truck. Then we left. And only 1 1/2 hours behind schedule! Not bad!

I drove over here at 60 mph. But even at this snail pace, I had to pass two people who were driving even slower than me. What is the matter with people!?!?! I had an excuse, I was pulling a boat. Anyway, I could not use overdrive, because the truck would keep shifting into and out of the high gear.

Long story short, I bruned up 3/4 of the tank getting here. My tank holds 18.5 gallons. The distance is about 170 miles. You figure it out.

But I am here now! The first thing I did was take the IMPORTANT stuff out of my truck.


This is what the fridge looks like. When this photo was taken, there was only 8 beers in it. Well 7 beers. I was thirsty ok!??!


This is the freezer. I bought this stuff on the island. This is not enough booze, I will need more. What I bought was Myers Rum, and some crazy vodka made in, of all places, Ireland. Irish vodka? WHY NOT!


Once everything important was in the fridge or freezer, it was time to set up the wireless netowrk. So I did. You can see it in the photo above.


Now it was time to test the wireless device. It works fine! So far so good!


THis is the new crapper. It is really nice. The old bathroom had a large tile tub, and shower curtians. I like this new one much better. It looks cool. Very modern.Now it was time to stop screwing around and unpack the rest of the crap from the cars.

This is what my stuff looked like after the unpack. I crammed all this stuff in a plastic garbage bag. Unpacking was just a matter of dumping the bag.

And finally, I was finished.


This is my satellite radio boombox thing. It will not work on the porch, the antenna needs to look northwest. The patio faces southeast (I think). The radio works fine in my room, but not at all on the porch.

Oh well. Cant win em all. Now if you will excuse me, the frozen screwdriver I made is kicking in .

5 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

Hooray Iguana! I'm so glad you made it. Drink a toast to GodlessMom while you're at it. I need a vacation too!

By the way, the new bathroom looks very modern and bathroomish. That's a good thing.

22:32  
Blogger Lila said...

Awesome post! Have a blast!

23:27  
Blogger TLP said...

Yea! There at last. I know you are having fun already. Hoist one for me.

23:55  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Thanks for taking us on vacation with you! You haven't said anything about where you're staying(?) You said the bathroom was remodelled, so is it your family's place or a rental, or what? I'm envious!

08:56  
Blogger Fred said...

Looks like a good start to a great vacation!

10:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home