This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Day 1

Day 1 is over, and it was a fairly good day 1. As far as day 1s go.

I finished lugging all my crap up to the unit. Why is this a big deal? Lets see.


These are the stairs I have to lug all my crap up. There is no elevator. This building is sooooo not ADA compliant.

Here is what the stairs look like from the top floor where my unit is. I have to be VERY CAREFUL when I get drunk. One of these days I am going to fall down the steps.

And when I get in the unit, there are more stairs!


The bathrooms and bedrooms are up these stairs. Downstairs is the kitchen, porch, and TV and stuff.

And inside the unit, I found this.


I had never seen a shark advisory notice before. Really now, do I need a notice telling me that sharks live in the ocean? All this time I thought that sharks lived in swimming pools and mud puddles.

Anyway, I started the day off by going to the pool bar. While drinking gin and tonics, I thought that I wanted to do something. But what? Then I remembered that I HAVE A BOAT!



This is me in the boat. I wanted to bring the boat around to the resort, and do some general cruising. Nothing fancy.

It was a fairly calm day. I came around the island and anchored near the resort. There were three other boats anchored off the beach. My parents were hanging out on the beach and swam out to the boat. I was able to get very close to shore.


Here I am in the water. Remember that shark advisory notice? Well, I did not see any sharks. The water was very warm, according to the fish finder the surface temp was 90 degrees. So much for "no hard evidence of global warming".


This is the Sanibel Lighthouse. I snapped the photo on my way back to the boat ramp. You are looking at the south point of the island in the picture.

I also saw evidence of last years hurricane. This house is on the bay side of the island.




The blue tarps are still there! The owners of this property were either uninsured (it is almost impossible to get insurance for waterfront property), or are trying to sell the property as is.

But their neighbor is living large and in charge! This is what I saw very close to the blue tarp house.


Now THIS is a house even I could live in! It is a nice modest place. Not too flashy.

But I would not buy it. I would buy a house on the Sanibel Canal. The houses on the canal have a nice ocean access waterway, and a seawall that you can build a boat lift on. If I could afford to buy property here, I would also be able to afford a boatlift. And a nice 25 foot Corsair Marine power cat with twin 150 HP outboards.

Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Tomorrow's adventure - a voyage on my boat to CABBAGE KEY!

6 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

So we finally get to see pics of The Iguana! Great blog, again. I laughed over the Shark Advisory. But OMG, there are so many stairs! I want the modest house. I just want the maid to go with it...

08:49  
Blogger Lila said...

Great post, wonderful pics! Yes, do be careful when you're drunk. Be particularly careful about the sharks when you're drunk.

19:37  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I have seen many bottle nose dolphins, but no sharks. Which is fine really. The sharks can do their shark thing, I will do my human thing, I will not bother them if they do not bother me.

Everyone can be happy that way.

22:59  
Blogger The Devil Uno said...

Damn dude thats like the coolest world you live in. Damn am I jealous.

02:23  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Wow! What great pictures!

08:27  
Blogger TLP said...

Hey, you never told us that you are good lookin'. Good pix.

22:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home