This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Another Day

Today was another good day at work! I got hanging file thingies for my desk file cabinet. They also gave me keys to my desk! So now I can lock up my stuff. Not that anything I have needs to be locked up, but having keys to my own desk makes me feel more important. Other people that might try to open a drawer will just have to wonder what is in there. And never find out. HA! Of course I will leave the drawers open most of the time, I would be paranoid of loosing them. It is just that I never had a job that came with a desk I can lock up. I either had to share a desk or I got none at all.

I also managed to win the schedule lottery, without even buying a ticket. Monday my day started at 8 AM, because I had to do the payroll thing. Today I started at 9 because I had to go downtown at 3:30 for a county ID card and my new boss did not want me "on the clock" more than 8 hours. Driving to and from downtown Miami counted as "on the clock". How cool is that?

Tomorrow my actual shift hours begin. 11:30 AM - 7:30 PM. My days off are Friday and Saturday. And I am the new guy. The one with 2 days senority. Somehow, I got the shift and days off that I would have picked out myself. How did this happen!?!? There has to be a catch. But there is no catch. I just won the shift lottery. I will have to work Labor Day, but I expected that. The new guy NEVER gets Labor Day off. I ain't going to complain. Not even a little bit. Not even a tiny itty-bitty hint of a fragment of a complaint. I like this position far too much for that.

So, what will I do with my Friday and Saturday off? Humm lets see. How about huddle in a closet? YEA! That sounds like a plan.

The Cone Of Death is back. Just in time for my weekend. But this will not be a very ugly storm. Just a lot of rain. It will be very weak, probably not much more than a tropical storm. There is a chance it could be a category 1 storm, but it will not be a strong cat 1. If anything, it will be a minimal cat 1. No problem. Real Floridians know how to handle that. Thursday could be a fun day at work. Bad weather = canceled flights = not as much work to do. But then again, assignments are kind of fun. Sitting at the desk all day might not be as much fun. Even if I can play with the locks.

But I am on the south side of the cone. If the thing shifts to the north when the 11 PM advisory comes out, I will be OK. Palm Beach will get it. If it shifts to the south....well lets just say I am glad that the new job has covered parking. No running through the rain to catch the shuttle bus.

6 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

I'm glad you're still liking the job. I've never had a locking desk, you must really be important now!

21:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secret intelligence agents suspect an airport email address will be issued before long.

00:01  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yes. I will get another email address too. Office memos are a thing of the distant past.

The Cone Of Death did not shift very much when the 11:00PM and 5:00 AM advisories were issued. Someone in FL is going to get a "sit and spin" event this weekend.

09:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do hurricanes only come on weekends??? bastards...

12:50  
Blogger Fred said...

And it looks like I'll be on the north side of the storm. Here we go again...

19:25  
Blogger Lila said...

I'm so glad the job is working out!

Be careful with that storm, LI.

20:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home