This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Trans-Job Vacation

There might be something better than a vacation. What could that thing be? Why, a trans-job vacation of course! The post title probably gave that one away.

Unlike a "go someplace else" vacation, during a trans-job vacation you are still in town. You can get things done. You can have lunch with your friends. You can stay up late writing blog posts and watching Real TV on Spike Network, then sleep late the next morning. You can chill out in your front yard ahd enjoy a beer while your neighbors are just getting home from work - all frazzled.

And unlike a fUNemployment vacation, it is OK to spend money. After all, it is not like you do not have a job! Actually - it is exactly like you do not have a job. Only you have money. If this is what retirement is like, I like it! Here is what I managed to do today.

1. Wake up at around 11 AM.
2. Watch TV till 12:30, when I finally got out of bed.
3. 1:00 - PM, shower.
4. 2:00 - met a friend at the mall, so I could buy a suit. The new job might require wearing of a suit, so I got one.
5. 3:45 - went to lunch at a latin grill place.
6. Worked a whole whopping 2 hours at the part time job. The job site happens to be at the same mall as the suit place and the latin grill.

Hard day huh? I thought so too. Imagine having to get out of bed before 1 PM on a weekday!

UPDATE TIME! UPDATE TIME! READ THIS. Or not. Whatever.

The beer tour of the UK is really going to kick ass. Thanks to a friend of mine (the same friend who helped me pick out a suit and some shirts and stuff), I got a new lead on a high end supermarket with a VERY LARGE beer selection. My UK tour is up to almost 20 beers now. It will take some time to drink them all and report on my findings. I now have stouts, cream stouts, ESB, a porter, some kelp beer, barley wine, pale ale, IPA, brown ale, red ale, Scottish ale, strong ales, and more. I will also be able to tour Spain, Russia, Israel, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Japan, Italy, and who knows where else. I will sample rice beer, limbacks, pilsners, lagers, wheat beers, bottle conditioned beers, bock beers, and more.

And also......meet Cornelius. He is named after the Corn Flakes Rooster.


Cornelius lives here, but supposedly he is not going to stay. At least that is what I thought when I first got Cornelius. But that was almost a week ago, and he is still here. I tried to give him away, but nobody wants the little kitty. He is a nice little kitty, totally not afraid of Gigi, Fred, or Sake. At first the three adult cats hated the poor little kitty, but the friction is mostly over now. Every now and then I will hear a hiss, but that is about it.

Because I had nothing else to do, I put Cornelius on kittenwar.com. I figure that if he wins a lot of battles, it might help find him a home. So vote for Cornelius. But even is he wins all his battles, it looks like he will hang out here. Good thing the new job starts Monday, vet bills are never cheap.

6 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

Cornelius is an absolute doll and you are a complete sap! :)

I'm really looking forward to your beer posts. Beer is one of my favorite subjects.

Don't forget to get your RDA of Spongebob while you are on vacation!

11:27  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds fun, actually!!

There are pet posts looming like mad today in blogville. I have one myself.

Cornelius is a cutie, by the way.

12:01  
Blogger Lila said...

Cute kitty!

Enjoy your trans-job bliss!

17:43  
Blogger TLP said...

You describe retirement very well. The Commonwealth of PA (former employer) deposits money into my bank account each month, pays for my health insurance, all my meds, etc. Social Security deposits money each month, and so it goes. I may have died and gone to heaven. If it's really heaven, no one would tell me, 'cause I don't believe in that stuff. They wouldn't want to upset me since it's heaven and all.
You are living the life of a retired person. That was the good news. Bad news is that it will soon be over. That's okay. I need for you to work and pay into Social Security. Otherwise I would have to touch my IRAs. SO GET THE HELL BACK TO WORK! Just sayin'.

22:03  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

You should really work some extra prayer and Bible study into your calendar now that you have time on your hands.

23:46  
Blogger Fred said...

I live that life for two months once a year. It's a nice break; I'm usually pretty happy it ends so I can get back to the real world.

Once I get back, I then find myself counting the days until the next break.

11:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home