This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Reply

I got a reply to the email I sent yesterday. Here it is.

"I have better things to do with my time than respond to this"

Thats it. The above reply means three things.

1. The guy did NOT have better things to do with his time, as he DID respond.
2. The topic seems to be dead now.
3. Nobody on the list can come close to my ability to combine someone elses words and facts to create some really funny stuff that totally rips someone elses point a new bung hole.

But now that all the mail list frenzy is over, I can go back to the pattern of deleting almost everything without even reading it. Let the children play in the sandbox, for they do not know that my cats leave buried treasure there. One day, and nobody knows when this will be, they will find more treasure. For those who can not follow what I am saying, the children are other people, the sandbox is the mail list, and the buried treasure is the stuff I can write.

In all reality, I could care less about this stuff. Really. Nobody on the list is going to change the world, even if they DO carry around 5 radios every place they go.

So what do I care about? My days off, of course! And what did I do Friday (which is my Saturday. Your Saturday is my Sunday, and your Sunday is my Monday.)??

Why, I went to the Miami Metro Zoo. It is a County Park, so admission is fairly cheap, and as a County employee I get a $2 discount on admission (NOTE - I would rather get a discount on concessions inside the zoo). Metro Zoo is one of those cageless zoos, where the lion and tigers and bears can hang out in enclusures.

The nice thing about going on Friday was that nobody was there. Everyone else had to work, the park was empty - except for a few park employees. It was nice. No crouds to push through, no lines to get bottles of water for $2.50 a pop, the bathrooms were always empty, and so on. It was a great time to go.

I got there when the place opened at 9:30 and left at at close to 5:00. It is not a terribly big place, but it is a full day deal. Here are a few of the zoo highlights.

1. I saw tigers swimming. Tigers love the water.
2. The komodo dragon actually moved! He usually just sits in one spot all day.
3. The new aviary is pretty cool. There are a lot of birds and stuff in there. DO NOT LOOK UP, and wear a hat. The birds can fly free. The best time to go in the aviary is during feeding time. Check your park map for the schedule.
4. Lions are as lazy as the komodo dragon.
5. Green Iguanas have taken the park over. There are tons of them. You can see them in EVERY display, except for displays featuring large cats or apes. You can even see them on the walkways, just hanging out. The zoo did not put them there, they just sort of found the place. Wild iguanas are a growing problem for the ecology of South Floirda.

Next time I go I will remember my digital camera. I am thinking of going back on another day off when it is not so hot. My days off will change soon to EITHER Monday/Tuesday OR Wednesday/Thursday off. I am rooting for Monday/Tuesday off, but if I do not get it I will not go postal or anything. Any day off is a good day when you think about it.

The trip also got me to thinking. I live in Dade County. But have I EVER been to Fairchild Tropical Gardens? NO. And why not? When was the last time I went to Viscaya, or The Barnicle? Why have I never been to The Deering Estate or Coral Castle? If you do not know what any of these places are, google em.

I am going to make an effort to hit all these places on future days off.

3 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

Well, even if you didn't get much of a response, it must've been fun to write that "letter"!

21:15  
Blogger TLP said...

Hey, I read your letter, so it was worth writing, right. (It's all about me.)

Seriously, I bet that guy read it too. But does any of us ever change any one else's opinion on anything? Not with words I think.

09:35  
Blogger Lila said...

I'm sure your letter made a point.

I hope the hurricanes stay away from you!

16:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home