This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

O.T.

I think I managed to skip a day. One whole day and no blog posts.

Oh well. Sue me. If you win in court, you can take Cornelius. I might also have some other junk in the backyard collecting water and breeding mosquitos that you can have.

Anyway, the new job situation has cut into the vast amount of time I used to piss away on the computer. Now I piss it away and get paid for it.

But before you call the County Manager to report me for clock milking, I do work. It is just that it often SEEMS LIKE I am not working. Really. The assignments I go on are like fun adventures in airport land. Nobody is with me most of the time. I just go. So even if I am "working" it is not like I am lifting heavy things, or trying to de-claw polar bears. I like what I do.

The point is, it does not always feel like work. Needless to say, the job is working out fairly well.

More proof of just how well the job is working out is evident by the fact that I stay for overtime! I had another job that offered overtime, but I never took it. Why? Because the job sucked. I did not like it. So when asked if I could say, the answer was always "I could stay, but I do not want to". The clock could not tick fast enough. The 8 hour shift would never end. My ass was ALWAYS one of the first out the door at quitting time.

Needless to say, I got out of that job as soon as I could.

But this job is not like that. Overtime is good now, as opposed to before when it was a punishment. Today, I worked 5 hours OT. I got out of work at 12:40 AM. And when I go back in at 11:30 AM this morning, if I am asked to stay over again I will. No problem.

It is not like I have grand important things to do here. I can set the VCR to catch Spongebob Squarepants on the TV.

If you can ever snag a job that you actually like, I highly recommend going for it. The work day goes much faster when it does not seem like you are working. Also you do not get suicidial thoughts when things start to get really busy. You do not even notice that it is busy! It is very strange. The best way to describe it is being sucked into a giant tear in the fabric of space-time. Since you are not stressed out to the point that you may go postal, the usual stress associated with a busy day at work hardly causes your blood pressure to go up at all. The time passes very quickly. You show up, do something, and poof! The day is over.

4 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

What wonderfully good luck!

I'm suing you over the no-blogging thing. Sorry. Someone has to. I'm going for the boat, honey. Forget the cheap stuff.

15:29  
Blogger Lila said...

I'm glad you like the job! I think working at an airport would be cool.

20:52  
Blogger Jane said...

You are so lucky Iggy and it is aways nice to see someone who is enjoying themselves.

14:02  
Blogger The Devil Uno said...

you work at an airport?

13:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home