This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Got A Condo Made Of Stona

Tomorrow I am going to see this guy.


NO NO NO! This is all wrong. Way too much body hair there. While this guy did make the THEME SONG for this post, I will not see this dude tomorrow. Maybe. I might. You never whow who will show up to things.

I am actually going to see stuff like this.


The Fort Lauderdale Museum Of Modern Art is home to the King Tut treasures thing. There will be a lot of stuff, ancient stuff, on display.

The exhibit will feature treasures found in the King's tomb. I do not know how many treasures will be there, but it will be a lot of stuff. And like I said, the stuff is ancient - everything will be at least 3,500 years old.

I do not know if the actual King Tut will be there, but this is what he looks like today.


As you can see, he does not look so good. But lets see how you look in 3,500 years! Ill bet you will not look so good either. Then again, beach sand looks pretty good - so you might look better than King Tut. Who knows.

I already purchased two tickets, WITH the audio tour option for an extra $7 per ticket. Total cost to me - $77. Is it worth it? There is no doubt in my mind that it is worth every penny. By all the evidence we have today, humanity seems to have originated in Africa. Human civilization seems to have originated in the Middle East area (in modern day Iraq in fact). The ancient kingdom of Egypt was one of the Earth's first great civilizations.

And I am all set to see some stuff from that ancient kingdom. While I would like to go to Egypt and see more stuff, it would cost a lot more than $77 to do that. For now, this is the best I can do.

You can see where the treasures will go next at this site - www.kingtut.org. If they are going to be in a city near you, get your tickets! This exhibit may never leave Egypt again.

6 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Oh, he's my favorite honkey too! You are so right to go see it.

I'll have to see if it's coming near me.

So, who ya takin' with ya? Huh?

15:02  
Blogger Lissette said...

I went on Saturday and it was definitely worth it! The exhibit was very nicely done in a timeline fashion. They walk you through the artifacts of Early Egypt so you can get some background info,and then start taking you into the Valley of the Dead and then into King Tut. He wasn't actually there, but there is a sarcophagus (not his) that is really cool, along with a bunch of things I've only seen in books.

15:02  
Blogger TLP said...

Yeah, it's coming to Philly in 2007, and they are already accepting "pre-registration" for groups of 10 or more. Whoa.

How early did you have to get tickets?

19:56  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

As you can see, he does not look so good. *LOL*

The kids and I love that song. I've been looking for it so that they could hear it. And YAY! You had it here! Thanks for sharing, as always... another great post!

20:46  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I am glad someone likes my theme songs!

PS - do not tell the music police ok?

00:39  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

LI, my lips are sealed...

08:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home