This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

No Days Off For Me!

Today is my Sunday. And I was called into work. Yesterday was my Saturday, and I was called in to work. Yesterday I racked up 9 hours OT (thanks in part to "the incident" that caused one of my flights to arrive 1 hour late) - today I racked up 4 hours OT. Here is the fun part - I did not even know I have a contract, but I do. And in my contract is a pretty neat clause. It says that if I am called in on my day off, it is for a minimum of 4 hours pay.

Now why is the 4 hour clause neat? Today I was only at the airport for about 2.5 hours, but I was paid for 4.

MATH TIME! Monday I got 2 or so hours of OT. Tuesday I got 3 hours of OT. Yesterday I got 9 hours of OT, and today I got 4 hours. This results in a grand total of....18 hours! Actually it is closer to 20 hours, I might be leaving off an hour here or there. The week is not even over yet, there is still Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Work weeks always begin on Monday.

Tomorrow will be the 8th day in a row that I worked without a day off. I will not get more days off till Wednesday, so that makes 12 days of workin in a row. This is a new world record for me.

Of course, this is all not such a bad thing. I will get a massive check for this pay period. I like getting those. It is also good for me because it shows the boss that I do not need to get cut off of the new budget. It will also help me get that "Outstanding" rating that I need in order to get the full pay raise for 2006.

And lastly, all the above will help me in my quest to obtain a 17 foot all welded aluminum flat hull side consule boat with a 40 HP 4 cycle outboard engine and matching trailer. Hell, I might even be able to get the 18 footer. And screw the matching trailer - I do not need that. I have a spare boat trailer that just needs some new wheel bearings ($80 tops for those).

And yes, I do "need" the aluminum boat. Thr boat I have now is perfectly good - but it is not a back water boat. It is more suited for "light offshire" duty. What that means is the Wellcraft is good for some bluewater action on nice days, or even for use in the bay on choppy days. The Wellcraft is a better dive boat.

The Wellcraft is fully paid off, and only cost $2500. Of course more money was put into it - I bought a VHF marine radio, a dual bank waterproof on board battery charger, safety equipment (emergency signal kit, and fire surpression equipment), and stuff. My dad bought a chartplotter, a washdown pump, and the fish finder. The fish finder has yet to find ANY fish - I use it more as a depth sounder.

The aluminum boat will go where the Wellcraft simply can't. The aluminum boat will float in 6 inches of water, the Wellcraft would run aground in water that shallow. The aluminum boat is perfect for hunting for lobster on the grassflats, for going after snook in Hell's Bay, and for a day on the Wilderness Waterway in Everglades National Park. The aluminum boat would also be good for cruising the deeper canals and natural rivers in the freshwater part of the Everglades - the Wellcraft could never hope to get to these places!

I would not have to get rid of my beloved Wellcraft, as the aluminum boat would not be a replacement for it. It is more of a supplement.

And the more OT I get, faster I can afford that flats boat! Who needs days off anyway?!?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Well, that's looking on the bright side... more money!

Glad you weren't too impacted by the shooting at MIA.

19:12  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Massive checks are yummy and of course you need the boat!

I need a massive trimaran. I'm wondering how to get one...

12:23  
Blogger Sar said...

I remember getting fat checks. Especially nice way to recoup holiday shopping losses. ;)

17:29  
Blogger dddragon said...

Good for you!

13:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home