This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Addiction.

For some reason, I decided to give up soda.

This is a bold statement. Soda for me is like Oxycontin to Rush Limbaugh. You know, one is never enough. I could sit around and pop open soda cans all day. The only problem is having to get up to pee all the time.

In my office, I got a little fridge for my desktop. It holds six 12 ounce cans of whatever. I had been using it to hold soda, because I do not drink beer that comes in a can and even if I did - I AM AT WORK! I do have a little self control.

But just one kind of soda is not enough. I started out with a 12 pack of Coca-Cola. But then I thought "HEY! I can put 6 cans in this thing! Why limit myself to just Coca-Cola"

So I went out and bought a 12 pack of Cherry Coke, Coca-Cola with lime, Vanillia Coke, Classic Coke, Cream Soda, and Root Beer. Choice is always better!! 6 can capacity, and 6 choices. Life was pretty good.

Anyway, I noticed that I went through a lot of cans. At least 2 or 3 sodas per day. Now each soda is around 200 calories, so that is 600 calories per day of just liquid. And that is not all - it is all sugar and acid. Talk about bad for your teeth! Coca-Cola will dissolve a human tooth overnight. If you place a chicken bone in a glass of Coca-Cola overnight it will dissolve enough calcium to make the bone more like rubber. Seriously. Try it yourself.

One of the things in Coca-Cola (and most soda for that matter) contains phosphoric acid. Acid dissolves calcium carbonate - which is pretty much what your bones are made from.

So we know that soda is like liquid death in a can. Tasty fizzy liquid death in a can. Well not exactly "liquid death", but nobody will argue that the stuff is good for you.

Therefore, I decided to cut back. Way back. But here lies the problem. I think I can give up the sugar. Really. I do not eat a lot of candy. I can look at the candy bars in the supermarket and not buy any of them. I drink my tea without sugar, and do not put much in my coffee.

The problem is the fizzy. After careful research, I concluded that it is the fizzy I am addicted to. I mean beer is not exactly "sweet", and I like that stuff. Why? Has to be the fizzy.

I am a carbon dioxide addict.

So realizing my addiction to fizzy, I realized that the best way to deal with it was to just accept it and live with it.

This is not as bad as it seems. I found something that I can drink at work, that has plenty of fizz, and is low in stuff bad for your spleen. Oh I forgot to mention - I HATE DIET CRAP! Diet soda is horrible.

The good people at Canada Dry make seltzer water. Thats right, plain old water with a dose of fizz. So that is what I am drinking at work now. Fizzy water with no sugar or sodium or acid. Kind of boring, but what the heck. It works for me.

And this brings up my final point. What is up with Perrier? The label says "Mineral Water" and it also says "Low Mineral Content". So what is the stuff? Low Mineral Content Mineral Water? Is that not the same as seltzer water? But whatever it is, unless they sell it in 12 ounce cans it will not fit in my fridge. So I will just stick to the stuff from Canada Dry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Econo-Girl said...

I LOVE SELTZER WATER!!!

13:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Loved all the free adult movie site. Keep up the good work and I shall return.

20:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my toy dolls mp3 site.
Have a good day!

03:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://erhrnnoi.com/fily/xkci.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://aovcager.com/bajy/pnvz.html]Cool site[/url]

23:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

23:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://erhrnnoi.com/fily/xkci.html | http://rkuxejun.com/iefs/quum.html

23:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home