This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Not A Wuss, And My Job Kicks Ass!

I really like my job. It kicks ass. It kicks big time mega ass.

Last week the Consulate of Japan in Miami faxed an invitation to a VIP event to be held at FIU. Of course I sent in my RSVP. Then I put in for some time off. I worked on New Years Eve, so I had 5 hours of administrative leave in the bank. Today I only worked 1/2 a day but was paid for the full day. And what was this event I had to show up for? The opening of the FIU Anamie Festival. I got some free food, met the new Consul General of Japan, and watched "Ghost In The Shell 2, innocence".

It is a good thing I did show up. My top boss and sub-boss had also sent in their RSVP but were unable to show up. I ended up as the sole representative from my office. And really I was the most qualified to show up, nobody else in the office watches nearly as many cartoons as I watch. And I am probably the only person in the office that has watched "Akria" or "Dragonball Z". Anyway, I distributed my business card, collected some business cards, and so on and so forth.

Just how many cartoons do I watch? Good question. Lets count!

In no particular order: Spongebob Squarepants, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Futurama, Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, Two Angry Beavers, Ren and Stimpy, The Oblongs, Mission Hill, Trigun, Samurai Shampoo, Moral Orel, South Park, Drawn Together, Squidbillies, and other stuff like The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy and so on.

But I aint no wuss! The upper body soreness thing is just about over - so on Monday after work I plan to go back to the gym and damage myself all over. I will do all the same stuff I did before. Bring it on! I need to reach hull speed in my kayak - and maintain that speed for at least an hour - as soon as possible. Under OARS! No sail no mirage drive. When I see the trainer again I will request some lower body pain and suffering.

As for my heel, I probably need some stiches. But I have never had stiches before. Well almost never. I did have some stiches after the surgical procedure to remove my wisdom teeth. However, with the wisdom teeth removed it stands to reason I lost some wisdom. So I will not do squat about my heel unless it starts to ooze green stuff. Unless there is an infection I will just leave it as it is. Right now it is a little tender, but my sock is not sticking to it so it must not be that bad.

And I know enough to know what some doctor would do. I cut away all the dead skin using some stainless steel scissors. I put more goop that stings like hell on it. After all the more something stings the better it is working.

It does not bother me to do stuff like clean my own wounds, or cut away my own dead skin. Anyone can do it really. When someone else does it , it ALWAYS hurts more. Not that it is totally pain free if you do it, but you can take your time. You are not busy. You do not have 20 more people waiting to see you. You are not trying to get it over with ASAP so you can make your 4:00 tee time at the golf course. So when possible, I like to do as much medical related stuff to myself as I can.

The trick to do a good job. You have to do as good a job as a medical professional would do. If you are going to clean a wound, CLEAN IT! You can not do a half ass job, you have to scrub the area. Use soap. Use disinfectant. Cut or scrub away ALL the dead skin (skin that needs to be removed is all white and puffy). Any less could result in infection. It will not feel good, but you CAN take you time - something a busy medical professional does not have. It can take you an hour to do what a doctor would do in 5 minutes - but taking longer results in less pain.

But if the gash does not close up in a few days, I might have to see a pro. I do not think it would be a good idea to drink some gin and then take a needle and thread to my foot. I am not stuck in some wilderness after all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cartoons kick ass. i'm a bid fan of the banned cartoons from the 40's and 50's.

banned cartoons? yep, if its got a black woman that looks like aunt jemima, a red neck with a big cowboy hat and a gun or a slant eyed little oriental guy, its banned despite the fact most of us grew up on those cartoon reruns. you wont catch those tom&jerry toons on cartoon network, you have to download them.

01:55  
Blogger mal said...

cartoons have not been the same since the real Bugs Bunny retired....

if your wound is weeping...GET ATTENTION!!! The OH being the tough farmer type let one go and by the time I dragged the body into the docs office we were looking at blood poisoning, not a good thing. Do not mess with it, its not worth it

09:38  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I am keeping an eye on the gash. And the gash is not sticking to my sock. It is not leaking at all.

Besides, with all the unhealthy foods I eat my blood is probably already a little on the toxic side :)

10:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home