This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

What Else The Bible Says.

Recently, here in Miami-Dade County a teacher at a public high school made some comments for a student produced feature on gay rights. This feature was "aired" over the school's closed circuit TV system. What she said, in so many words, was that homosexuality was "wrong" because the bible says so. In other words, "those people" do not exactly deserve the same rights as other people - because the bible says so. By the way, the same thing was said in the 60s when "those people" who were a few shades darker than lilly white decided that they deserved rights. What part of the bible did the Klan and other white supremacist groups use then AND now? The story of Cain and Able. Cain killed Able, and then tried to lie to God about it. So God gave Cain a mark and said that all his descendents would have to "toil in the fields" for they would all bear the "mark". And what is this mark? Why, dark skin! Duh! So slavery was OK, and so was Jim Crow laws - according to the KKK anyway.

So, I stole this letter written by an unknown person from the internet. You may have read it before, or maybe not. Someone should send this letter to the teacher at any rate.

********

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's
law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that
Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific
laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors.
They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it suggests
in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is,
how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that
are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to
Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2
clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to
kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is
an abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if
I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room
here?

1 Corinthians 14:34-36 states that a woman should keep her yapper SHUT in the temple (church), and should only ask her husband if she has any questions. Under NO circumstances should a woman ever think for herself. Do you agree with this?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says that a man who rapes a virgin should have to buy her from her family and marry her. Would you advocate making this a federal law?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am
confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word
is eternal and unchanging.

7 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yeah, I've seen the "letter" before, and it's hysterical. No one should give opinions in the classroom, period.

All that being said, the whole "mark of Cain" b.s. was never spelled out. Some bigots decided it was skin color, but the Bible never advocated bigotry or racism, per se (though it did specify the Jews were supposed to stay away from the Gentiles).

14:24  
Blogger TLP said...

Great post! Love it.

16:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats great james! whered u get all the bible quotes from? read'em yourself or are they online?

23:10  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The bible is online. I recommend looking for the KJV edition online. KJV = King James Version. The New International Version is just not as good.

For example, in the KJV Baalam has a conversation with his ass. An angel of God speaks to Baalam through his ass. And Baalam smites his ass. It is fairly amusing.

The New International Version changes ass to donkey - and that is just not any fun at all.

Also, the KJV sounds more "holy". With all the "Thous" and "Shalts". The NIV uses more common language. BOOO BOOO.

23:56  
Blogger Lissette said...

That's awesome! Considering my recent post and contempt towards some of these fanatics out there who swear that what's written in the bible is supposed to be taken literally and not be thought of as stories with morals and the point is that we're supposed to learn the moral of the story not the story word for word and use it as a rule book. I think I'll be using this letter as well at some point in the future.

09:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://ywwndiwm.com/xtov/oqgl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hyqdmueg.com/xdvs/nyzz.html]Cool site[/url]

20:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ywwndiwm.com/xtov/oqgl.html | http://jbtmojbg.com/vmvi/uzda.html

20:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home