This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Building A Habitat.

First - the bad news.

Friday I have to show up to work at 6 AM. This means I have to get up at a very un-holy hour. I have to leave NO LATER than 0530. And even at 0530 I will have to haul ass to be on the bus before 0545. This is the good thing about getting an early start, with no traffic I can get to work in 15 minutes or less.

Now I know you are probably wondering how the hell this happened. The coordinator called me when I was driving home from work today. The conversation started off with "(co-worker X) will not be at work tomorrow, and someone needs to open up a room for the people doing the terminal survey at 6 AM and the former prime minister of (nation X) is going to be leaving at 0730".

So I knew what was going to happen next. "Can you show up at 6 AM?". I said that I could. I will have the option to split at 2 PM or stay later and get some OT. Ill probably stay for a few hours of OT - if there is a need of course. If there is no need, I get to leave early.

And tomorrow is also the day I find out if I can get Saturday off. It may not happen. With the shortage of staff, my request may not be approved.

If my day off is approved, then Saturday I will take part in the building of a Habitat For Humanity home. A team from my workplace is going to be there.

I have never gone to a Habitat project. I am thinking I will learn to spackle or something. Maybe I will be put in charge of concrete mixing or something. I have a hardhat, sunscreen, and everything. I may even tote my own framing hammer with me.

If I get to take part in the Habitat project, Ill bring my digital camera and take some pictures. If I have to go to work, then Ill take some photos of my office aquarium.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

ugh. That's awfully early!

Good for you for doing the Habitat project! Great group.

21:25  
Blogger TLP said...

You are so nice to want to do the Habitat thing. Good for you. I hope that will happen for you, and not just because I want to see the photos. But I do want to see the photos.

10:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know someone that does lots of habitat stuff. she coordinates stuff for them. if you find yourself enjoying it i'll get you two together.

btw.. titanic spring ale is pretty good. went last night.

11:50  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds like an interesting day ahead of you.

I ususally get up at 5am, but have been waking up at 4:30 lately. I like it, since it allows me some space and peace before everyone else gets started.

Have fun at the Habitat project.

21:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home