This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Decider

I should be the decider.....for the 2006 hurricane names. But I am not the decider. So whoever the decider is decidered to choose the same old boring names as usual.

By the way, "decider" IS a real word. Without violating my security clearance I can let you all in on this. There is a classified dictionary of the English Language. I can not tell you what words are inside it, because it is....well...CLASSIFIED! Need to know basis and all. The national security implications are real here.

But the President CAN de-classify words in the classified dictionary by using them in a speech. Once he says a word on the public record that word is removed from the classified dictionary and can be used by everyone. No leaking here!

Anyhow the 2006 hurricane names ARE boring. So I came up with my own list! Hurricane names fit a "theme", but the theme is boring. Alternating male and female names. Boring huh? To spice things up they also mix up english names with spanish names, and sometimes even toss in a token french name (or whatever language pronounces "George" as "Zoreze").

So my theme was VILLAINS! Movie villains. Cartoon villains. TV villains. Media villains. Video game villains. Even a movie title that sounded like a cool villain name.

The boring hurricane center decidered names are on the left, the names I decidered are on the right.

Alberto ------ Aku
Beryl ------ Bill The Butcher
Chris ------ Chucky
Debby ------ Dr. Evil
Ernesto ------- Electro
Florence ------- Fat Bastard
Gordon ------ Godzilla
Helene ------- Hannibal
Isaac ---------- Immortus
Joyce -------- Jaws
Kirk --------- Kim Jong Il
Leslie ---------- Leatherface
Michael -------- Ming The Merciless
Nadine ------ Nosferatu
Oscar ----- O'Reilly
Patty ---- Pennywise
Rafael ----- Ratched (Nurse Ratched)
Sandy --- Shang Tsung
Tony ---- Terminator
Valerie --- Vigo The Carpathian
William --- Werewolf

I think my names are great. Come on! What could be cooler than "Hurricane Ming The Merciless"? You know at least that people would not think that staying in a flood zone would be a good idea with a name like "Bill The Butcher" or "Nosferatu".

But mostly, I think it would be funny to hear every local weather reporter in South Florida to give reports about "Fat Bastard" every 15 minutes for a few days. They could say things like "Fat Bastard is on the way, so many sure you have at least 2 weeks of food stocked away!". Or how about this headline "Godzilla Goofs! Hits Jacksonville and not Tokyo". And so on.

9 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yes! I love them! I wrote a similar post in late October. I guess great minds do think alike!

19:30  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

You know you are a Floridian when you instantly think of jokes when it is hurricane season.

20:50  
Blogger TLP said...

Hey, these are good! I'll vote for you as the decider.

Wish I could get my hands on that dictionary. But I'm not that important.

23:35  
Blogger TLP said...

I think we should all (all of your blogging buddies) get to do one name. I want the letter "B" to be Big Bertha.

15:57  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

You might be onto something here! This gives me a nifty idea for an instant blog topic!

21:43  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Actually, I find this information quite fascinating!

I have always wondered how those names were selected!

Hope you stay hurricane free in Miami this season!

21:47  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That is so really clever and can come up with interesting stuff! That theme idea is a home run. But I like the original P name because it is my real name, but don't tell anyone. Kiss your boat for me.

03:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://dxhlwamj.com/ixay/kwxs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://gngealzw.com/xukg/exxs.html]Cool site[/url]

19:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://dxhlwamj.com/ixay/kwxs.html | http://moixlasy.com/gblr/ijip.html

19:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home