This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

To Laugh Or Not To Laugh, That Is The Question

This is a video of the "Squirrel-A-Pult".

I have a moral crisis going on over this video. Is it funny or not? When I watched it I thought it was funny as hell. But then the crisis kicked in and I thought "poor squirrel". It was kind of rude after all. Here the squirrel is just being a squirrel, and the next second it is being hurled through the air, flying kind of like this guy.


Of course, this would make the catapult inventor / operator this guy.


I think I watch FAR TOO MANY old TV shows. Or maybe not. I do not really watch many old TV shows. Oh yea if they are on I may tune in. If I happen to catch an old "Match Game" show on the Game Show Network I might watch. Or if I happen to catch an old Popeye show or something.

I should email Boomerang about bringing back Bullwinkle. That was a great cartoon show. It really was aimed at the adult market. When I watched it as a kid I probably only got 20% of the jokes.

Anyway, is the video funny or not? I guess that depends on what happened to Rocky The Flying Squirrel. If he landed OK and scampered off unharmed, then it is freaking funny. If the squirrel had a rough landing and/or went SPLAT! then it is not funny.

and would it be funnier if the animal being hurled was not considered "cute"? What if it was a big old nasty Norway Rat? You know, the kind of critter known to spread the plague. Would that make the video funnier? Could I laugh at it guilt free?

I do not know. And I do not think there is a "rat-a-pult" video on You Tube. I have heard people call squirrels "tree rats" before. In a way, I suppose it is true - squirrels and rats are very similar.

But animals with a fuzzy tail are "cute" and therefore get special treatment. It is strange.

NEWS UPDATE! I will not make any more fun of Kentucky. And if you happen to read this and live in Kentucky, notice how I call Florida "FloriDUHHH". Bet you think that is funny.

There will be NEW IGUANA MUSIC. The Kentucky State Song may come back, renamed in honor of another State as soon as something stupid happened somewhere else.

In other news updates, it does not look like I will bother to take the boat out. It will be a nice day and all, but it seems nobody else can go. Oh well. There will be other nice days. That is pretty much it.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygawddddddddddd

I have not laughed that hard in 3 days. Oh this is funny indeed. I say that with all due respect to squirrels. Which I don't like. They are fancy rats. Whoever invented that thing is a genius.

02:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps, thanks a lot now I'm going to be up half the night emailing that video to all my friends

02:07  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I hope you are sending the link to this site and not just the video I stole from You Tube. More traffic is always good.

I can not help but to think the video is in fact funny. I do not think the squirrel was hurt. Those things are tough critters. I have seen them fall from tall trees and not suffer any damage.

02:17  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Great video. I run over squirrels all the time with my car so don't worry.

Who is the bad guy on Rocky & Bullwinkle? I forget.

I posted your funny picture. I had never seen that before.

11:18  
Blogger TLP said...

Adam Ant Rocks! Loved that guy.

If you really mean OLD "Match Game" shows, man! those are really, really old. I used to watch that show while folding diapers. Yep, we used to use REAL diapers.

I think the video is funny as hell. A squirrel is just a rat with good press.

11:38  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - I think the bad guy from Rocky and Bullwinkle left some comments on your site. There were three of them.

TLP - The Match Game was great. Charles Nelson Riley and Richard Dawson were just as important as Gene Rayburn. I have to turn the volume down very low, cause the suits worn are SOOOO LOUD. Did people really used to wear that shit? Glad you like the Iguana Music and the Squirrel-A-Pult. Now I do not feel so guilty laughing at it.

12:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll link here, although most of my friends already know of you. THats all ONE Of my friends hahahaha

as for the squirrels I've seen more than a few dead right under the wire they were attempting to walk across, apparently if they fall just right the internal injuries are unsurviveable. oh...sad.....NOT

14:02  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I just received some pictures from your neck of the woods that you might find interesting that I posted on my blog.

15:50  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - links are always good. I have yet to get a single piece of hate mail. I think I need to try harder.
Is the wire over the dead squirrels electrical? Because I have seen more than one get squirrel-ka-bobed when they used their bodies to complete a circut.

Actionbell - the video is not that horrible. The concept of the thing is pretty funny. I do not think any squirrels harmed in the filming.

Caiman - I am almost afraid to go look. But I will.

17:28  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

There can never be enough Bullwinkle.
Since there were no squirrels that actually got harmed (or at least so I surmise) I don't feel too bad laughing at it.

02:00  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Love Moose and squirrel. We got a boxed set.

Never got to see the video though.

10:35  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - I guess no squirrels were harmed.

Fuzz - Bullwinkle is possibly the best cartoon show of all time. You Tube pulled the squirrel-a-pult video for "violation of terms of service". Whatever that means.

14:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the squirrel-a-pult is awesome. ever seen a squirrel eat through wires? chew up the screen in a porch to get in? ever seen squirrel crap on a car that parked under a tree? if you havent experienced these wonderous miracles of these fuzzy little furballs then i can understand why you feel some guilt about laughing at the squirrel-b-launched. as soon as one turds up your car while its parked under a tree you'll feel differently!

00:36  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

My parents had a squirrel steal the rental car keys and scamper up a tree. Nobody ever saw the keys again. Hertz had to send a flatbed truck to swap cars.

It was funny as hell. Too bad I was not there.

02:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home