This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Real men use plastic poofy things on a string

Thats right - I said it. Real men use plastic poofy things on a string, along with that sented liquid soap in the shower.

I secretly made the switch some time ago, and I love it. No more nasty wet washcloth hanging on a rack. Do you realize how much bactria can fester in a wet rag? If you do not, then you are lucky. You will never know. but those of us who know bacteria know that a wet rag in hanging on a shower rack is a scary thing to touch.

The plastic poofy thing (I think it is called a loofah??) is way better than a nasty old wet rag. It is plastic, and it will not really hold water. It is attached to a string, so you can hang it somewhere when you are done with it. It can be rinsed clean and dries very quickly. Bacteria do not like dry places as much as they like wet places, so the plastic poofy thing breeds less critters than the old wet rag. It is very mildly abrasive, so it scrubs the grime and dead skin cells away. The old rag has to depend on the soap to do all the work. It actually feels better to use the plastic thing than the old nasty bacteria-infested wet rag.

I have also been secretly using that liquid bath soap for men stuff. So far I think I like the Red Zone line the best. They have cool nautical sounding scents like "Aqua Reef" and "Glacial Falls". I was using some other brand, but then the Red Zone commercials started to air and I switched. I am weak I guess. So much for brand loyality!

And yes, I do think that the squeaky -clean shower smell DOES last longer than with bar soap.

The liquid soap is also better than the old bar soap. It suds up a lot better for one. I think that they put some stuff in it to soften the water, which is great because here in South Florida the tap water is as hard as the rocks it comes out of. The bar soap gets soft and squishy if it is left in standing water, the liquid soap is in a plastic bottle. Bar soap gets gross hairs stuck in it, the liquid stuff never does. And the liquid soap feels better on the skin than the bar stuff.

Teamed up with the plastic poofy thing, the liquid soap is clearly better than the bar soap and the old wash rag. It makes the shower experience so much better. Real men know this, and have kicked bar soap and nasty wet rags to the curb.

By the way, this has NOTHING to do with The Little Bar Of Soap's blog. This is just about how liquid scented soap for men teamed up with foo-foo looking plastic puffy wash-things ARE better than the old school stuff.

9 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

I too am a big fan of the plastic poofy thing! I find it is much easier to really work up a nice lather to use on my legs for shaving! All Hail the Poofy Thing!

06:39  
Blogger Fred said...

When we lived overseas, we found some really nice scented soap. The missus loves when I use it. So - it's now the only soap I use.

When I was visiting Europe, the only souvenirs I brought home?

You guessed it - soap. Pretty scary, I think.

07:06  
Blogger Lissette said...

This is another incident where you made me laugh way to hard at work and people looked at me funny. Happens often when i read your blog. BTW, it's my Gordo's birthday today.

11:25  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

I'll have to mention this to my husband. Right now he only uses shampoo, not soap. This would be a good compromise.

Econo-Girl

17:17  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

Well. I personally LIKE an old-fashioned bar of soap. But cleanliness is next to Godliness, so good for you! I hope, however, that you're still manly and American.

19:05  
Blogger TLP said...

Yeah. Plastic poofy things are okay, and sweet smelling soap is a good thing. But don't go turning into a girlie man on us.

23:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Impossible! My liquid soap is marketed for men! The supermarket even stocks it a safe distance from the girlie soap products.

00:19  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I will have to try the Axe line. As soon as I run out of the Red Zone I just bought. It is purple! How cool is that?

01:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. It lathers up so much better and as you said it is mildly abrasive, so it leaves you feeling so much cleaner. And what is wrong with smelling good? The liquid stuff has so many different scents, I am cheap so I buy the dial stuff. The only problem is that it is kinda gross to keep using the same puffy thing for too long even though it gets "washed" everytime you use it, so I put mine in the washing machine every time I do towels, but it ruins it after about 4 washes. However I still use a washcloth for my face. Good for you to come forward with this, I admit I felt kinda girly when I started but the pros far outweigh the cons on this one. Way to be.

23:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home