This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

New features

I have added some new features to my blog, to make things easy for my growing public.

First, please direct your attention to the and icons to your left. These icons link to alternate site feeds. Using a browser that you can DL for free, you can subscribe to this blog and read the posts without having to load the page. XML and RSS feeders deliver you just the posts, in a format similar to e-mail. You will still get pictures and links included in the posts.

The XML icon links to the site feed created by Blogger.com. It is a basic no-frills feed, but it does what it needs to. The RSS icon links to my site on feedburner.com. This feed is a little more snazzy, with links to RSS readers and such.

I tested the feeds, and I was able to subscribe to my own blog. They were not working before, but thanks to one alert reader who pointed out to me that something was wrong I was able to re-edit some HTML.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

OK - let me be the first one in line to play stupid.

I go on-line, and type in your URL and your site pops up. What's the advantage to an RSS feed?

Treat me gently; I'm a techno-virgin.

21:38  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

You have to see it in action.

1. Download RSSReader (www.rssreader.com)
This is a free program.
2. Install RSSReader.
3. Start the program.
4. Click the ADD icon
5. enter this as the URL feed:
lazyiguana.blogspot.com/atom.xml OR
feeds.feedburner.com/rantingsofthelazyiguana

You can add several blog feeds to your reader. It will make it quicker to keep up with the blogs you read.

22:09  
Blogger Fred said...

That will be tomorrow's project. I'll ignore my wife's little (2 pages) list. Since she's out of town, she'll never know.

I'll let you know how I did. If you don’t hear from me for a few days, I'll be at Best Buy talking to them about fixing my computer.

23:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home