This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

My Petition

As of the last time I checked, only 12 people (including myself) signed my online petition. Needless to say, I am a little dissapointed about this.

I think it would be great to require members of congress to dress like what they are - CLOWNS. Press confrences would be entertaining to watch. Campaigns would be like a circus - which they are anyway when you think about it.

Other nations would not think any differently of our politicians. I think the rest of the world already thinks that congress are clowns. But they are clowns too, and were in the same frat in clown college.

Another great thing is that oral votes taken on the floor of congress could me made by nose honking. That in itself would be worth a bunch of laughs. And think of the humor value in seeing a screen caption that reads "Chuckles(D) Florida" when a senator speaks.

But the best part would be breaking tie votes. PIE FIGHT! And if another member of congress is on the floor saying something you disagree with - PIE FIGHT! And to break a fillabuster - PIE FIGHT! Bakers in Washington DC would be instant millionares. And C-SPAN would be fun to watch.

But the best part would be when the clown idea spreads to the rest of the world. Imagine the British Parlament in clown suits. I think that would be hysterical. It would take the blue bloods in the House Of Lords down a few pegs if they had to dress like clowns.

And this would only be the start! I will not end my clown quest till governments all over the globe adopt my idea!

But the BEST of all would be when the UN has to adopt the clown resolution. Imagine having an international pie fight! The American diplomat would be armed with laser guided apple pie. Latin American diplomats would have tres leche pies. The UK diplomat could have shepards pie. The German diplomat could have strudel. It would be great.

Politics would be fun for everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm with you on this one! I laughed hysterically over it. I also emailed everyone I knew to try to get out the vote!

Maybe you need a campaign strategist. ;o)

08:53  
Blogger Fred said...

Politics is indeed fun. I teach advanced placement government, and one of the assignments is to write about the thing my students find most bizarre.

In fact, thanks for the idea. Next essay, I'm going to list their subjects on my blog. It could be interesting.

09:02  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

This is two funny. We already have enough clowns on Capitol Hill!

15:16  
Blogger TLP said...

Well, I signed it before. Can I sign twice?

15:26  
Blogger Fred said...

P.S. Thanks for the license plate inspiration. I figured out how to stick one on my sidebar and will mention how I stole your idea in my next post.

23:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home