This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Only 70% Here

Today, I am only 70% here. Monday I was only 80% here. Tomorrow I will be 50% here. Thursday I will be 20% here. Friday, I will be 0% here, and 100% on Sanibel Island. This is only a problem at work. You know how work is, they expect you to be 100% there. Unless your job is something fun, like being the beer taster at Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.

But even with 30% of my brain already on Sanibel Island, I managed to make some mods to my template! I seperated my links into two sections, International Blogs and USA Blogs. Pretty nifty if you ask me.

I also got some email from a UK reader, suggesting that I was only interested in the States. After reading the post again, I discovered why. That darned potato link! It only allows postal codes for the USA. This got me to thinking - how can I tell where my international blog readers are? The answer is something called Geolocation. So does ANYONE out there know of a script I can add to the template that will create a geolocation map? I found one HERE but I can not figure out how to make it work seeing as how the site in in french. I tried to babblefish it, but it seems that I am unable to sign up.

So, if you know of a similar site let me know about it! It will give me something else to add to the template.

I would also like to make it clear that I love my UK readers. Most of my roots are from there. At least as far as I can tell. I know that some of my DNA is from Ireland, because I really like beer. Stouts and Ales are by far my preference.

I also drink tea far more often than I drink coffee. I do not drink very much coffee at all. When I go to the weekly dinner with my friends, it is a given that I order hot tea (at the asian places). I love green tea and jasmine tea. I will also slurp down a darker tea, like Earl Grey. I take my tea with no sugar. If the place does not have good hot tea, I order a beer.

After dinner we go to Starbucks. Not being a big coffee person, I order more tea. Usually the Zen Green or whatever the heck they call it.

Speaking of Starbucks, you have to try the new Green Tea Frappachino thing they have. It is pretty good. What is it? The best way I can think of to describe it is soft serve green tea ice cream. The evil bastards gave me a free sample, and now I am addicted - like Whitney Houston to crack. Well maybe not THAT addicted, but you get the idea.

The green tea lemonade is pretty good too. Order it without any sugar, and then add some if you think it needs it. I need someone to share my addiction with.

In other news, the $85 I plunked down on a dual bank fully waterproof three stage automatic battery charger seems to have been a good buy. My boat batteries have never been at 100% since I bought them. Why? Because the boat sits more than it is used. While it sits, the batteries self discharge slowly. Your car battery does the same thing, but people use cars a lot more than boats so it is never an issue. Your alternator charges your battery while you drive.

This charger will bring batteries up to 100% charge, then float them. A float charge will keep a battery at 100% without overcharging it. Everything is ready for my vacation. The countdown is on.

8 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

I share your addiction!

I'm excited about your upcoming trip too! I guess it is commentary on how boring my life has been lately but I really am looking forward to your trip!

08:22  
Blogger Fred said...

There are two other ways that I know of to track international readers.

1. On your StatCounter account, you can look at "Recent Activity" which lists the IP addresses for each visitor. It has the country of origin and shows a flag for that country.

2. This site is a graphic illustration of were your hits come from. I was thinking of putting it on my site at some point.

Let me know if the Bubble Room and Mucky Duck are still over there!

10:19  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Well, I think by Saturday, or Friday night, whenever you leave, you will 100 percent THERE!

Have a wonderful trip.

10:40  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

...I'm never more than 50% at work...

12:55  
Blogger thc said...

Have a great time! I've been to Sanibel Island once, it was gorgeous.

16:04  
Blogger TLP said...

Hope you get great weather.

So, you're saying that sometimes, you're all there? Funny, I heard the opposite about you.

17:30  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I am always all there. The problem is, there is always someplace else.

22:07  
Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Your doin good bro, if you add it all up, you are 220% here for the week, not bad.....

20:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home