This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

24 Hours Later....

Yesterday I introduced all you non-hurricane people to the basic principle of The Cone Of Death. Today, we will explore the topic in a little more detail.

You might remember from yesterday, if you took good notes, that TV weather people like to use the term "Cone Of Uncertainty". I said that they use that term because the storm can be anywhere - or NOWHERE - in that cone.

Now for those who were not paying attention yesterday. Click HERE for the graphic, or scroll down to yesterday's post. Keep in mind these are 100% unaltered, except for the labels I added.

Note the position of the Cone Of Death.

OK, now let's warp time and space to travel exactly 24 hours into the future! Here we go! Hold on, this could be bumpy.



Great! Everyone made it! Now what do you notice?

Thats right, the Cone Of DEATH made a major shift to the south. Not only is the storm projected to be out of the cone of just 24 hours ago, it is not even going to be close. This is bad news for Jamaica and Mexico. In other words, the storm will be NOWHERE inside the cone, according to information just 24 hours old.

Emily will not get anywhere close to me, or the fish (I plotted the location of the fish for your viewing pleasure). But yall in Texas best start getting ready! This is a perfect time to check your shutters, and possibly put that big truck to use buying some building supplies.

I was going to post earlier that I suspected the track was going to be more towards Mexico and Texas than Florida, but I was busy. Also, I did not want to cover up the last post - it was fun writing it.

I will go on record NOW as saying I do not think it will veer any more to the south. There should not be any more major shifts in the cone.

Sanibel Island is still on the venue. For now anyway. There are more low pressure areas behind Emily.

One of these days, Miami will take another hit. But not this time. Emily's travel agent sold her on a tour that does not include Florida.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, thats some funny stuff! you should send that to the skywarn weather whackers!

01:27  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Why do you want to spoil their fun? If they want to activate, at least it gives them something to do.

Just do what I do. Keep the radio off. Or at least avoid 147.000 mhz.

01:55  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

If it continues on that track I guess I'll be expecting some rain. I'm far enough inland that the winds die down quite a bit before they hit me. Unfortunately I don't have a big tuck to carry building supplies...Oh well.

08:07  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I really got a big laugh out of this one, Iguana. I give up, I'm too addicted to you and your blog, so I linked to you from mine. You usually brighten up a mundane morning for me!

09:49  
Blogger Fred said...

Looks like Tampa dodged another bullet. No one cares about Mexico, anyway.

10:17  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

Love this post. The map was so informative! Your blog always cheers me up.

16:19  
Blogger Jane said...

I love your additions to the weather map do you think you've missed your vocation?

I've added you to my list of blogs I like I hope you don't mind

18:13  
Blogger dddragon said...

Is the Cone of Death anything like Maxwell Smart's Cone of Silence?

19:06  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

Maybe it will go up and hit that FILTHY Boston!

22:17  
Blogger The Devil Uno said...

Hahaha Cone of Death, we here in Canada have something like that but we call it the Snow Cone of Death.

22:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Watch out for the dreaded YELLOW SNOW CONE OF DEATH!

23:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home