This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So Much To Do

Vacation time is creeping up on me. Normally this is GOOD thing, but then I remember that there is a lot of work involved in getting ready to go on vacation. Why is this? It seems to be so anti-vacation if you ask me.

One thing I have to do is clean out my truck. For most people, this would be no big deal. But I am not most people. I COULD have bought a standard cab truck, but I got the double cab (the truck is not any bigger, the bed is shorter in the Tacoma double cabs). Since I never have any humans in the back seat, I have to find other stuff to keep back there.


So what is back there? Two bowling balls, bowling shoes, a whole lot of red wire, towels, some glassware, and all sorts of other crap I never need in my truck but I keep it there anyway.

The front seat area is a little better. Sometimes, humans ride shotgun.


As you can see, it is a little better. On the floor is a dive flag, a can of coke, a strap wrench thing, and some paper I put there to protect the floor carpet. On the seat is my marine chart, and some tools I use for course plotting. That microphone looking thing is what controls my satellite radio.

At some point before I leave, I have to find a place to put all this crap. Some of it can go in the circular file, but most of it needs to be put away. That means finding a place to put it all.

But I am fairly lazy. Maybe this is why the bowling balls are still in my truck when the last time I went bowling was months ago. And add to this the fact that I am only 50% here right now.

It is very possible that all this stuff will go on vacation with me.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok look on the bright side
1- Your gas milage may increase.
2- Room for new stuff.
3- Room to lie down and take a nap (preferebly not while driving).
4- Room for a cooler.
5- Room for more beer.
6- Room for a better looking wench..I mean wrench.
7- Next time you are in the "Cone of Death" you have room for more of the important stuff.

06:45  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Anon, *LOL*

Iguana, I am female (although I would agree with Acton Bell that mostly guys do it) and must confess my car often looks this bad, too. I don't know what is wrong. I start of with a clean car and the best of intentions, and then the Litter Fairies steal in at night and create havoc.

07:30  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Yep, my car looks like that sometimes too. I always resort to the hefty bag solution, it really works! And if you don't get it cleaned out? Who cares? You never know when a bowling ball might come in handy.

08:26  
Blogger Lila said...

LOL! Great photojournalism!

Yeah, my car can be quite a mess too. (There's my gender dysphoria rearing its ugly head again!) I just cleaned it today, in fact, 'cause I had to give a ride to a bigwig. That was motivating.

Have a great vacation!

15:58  
Blogger dddragon said...

When I had to clean out my old van to trade it in, I put everything that was in all the nooks and crannies, glove box, the drawer under the front seat, and all the stuff that was under the bench seats into grocery store bags and put them in our studio/office. There they sat for two months until my DH finally realized that these bags hadn't moved. I told them that I was going to go thru them sometime later. He started to do it, kept asking me if I REALLY wanted this or that. Finally I said, "oh, stop that and go ahead and toss it all." To which he said, "oh, no, there might be something useful here." He took the bags away and I haven't seen them again.

16:04  
Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Nice....lol....looks like my work van......hope you don't use these pics on any singles sites dude......lol
"wanted, attractive woman who can cook, make beer, clean fish, and clean truck. Must have Harley Davidson...."

20:12  
Blogger TLP said...

My car is clean. Can't help myself. Somehow, it just stays clean.

21:16  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

If a chick can not deal with my mess, then she can go somewhere else.

My next vehicle will NOT have a back seat. Simple as that.

22:13  
Blogger K-Prime said...

The part I don't understand is the TWO bowling balls...

03:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey The Lazy Iguana, cool blog. I was really looking for info on
increase gas milage but glad I droped by. Way to go. increase gas milage

04:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello The Lazy Iguana, I’m out surfing the web for the latest information on 4 ecorp.com and noticed your nice site. Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking for it certainly got my attention. Now I see why I found your page when I was looking for 4 ecorp.com related information and I’m thrilled I found your web site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post, thanks for your informative site.

05:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there The Lazy Iguana, I’m out surfing for the latest information on ethosfr and found your great site. Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking for it certainly peaked my interest. Now I see why I found your page when I was looking for ethosfr related information and I’m happy I found your wine blog even though this isn’t a perfect match. Great Post, thanks for the read,

20:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Lazy Iguana, I’m out searching the web for the latest
and greatest information on 4ecorp.com and found your
great site. Although this post wasn’t specifically
what I was looking for it definitely got my interest
and attention. I see now why I found your interesting
blog when I was looking for 4ecorp.com related
information and I’m grateful I found your site even
though its not a perfect match. Great Post, thanks
for your informative site,

22:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello The Lazy Iguana, I’m just searching the web for the next big thing on enviromax plus and noticed your great site. Although this post wasn’t actually what I was looking for it DID get my attention and interest. I see now why I found your great
website when I was searching for enviromax plus related information and I’m thankful I found your blogsite even though its not an exact match. Excellent Post, thanks for the read (It’s a keeper).

20:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey The Lazy Iguana, cool blog. I was really looking for info on
but glad I droped by. Way to go.

02:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Lazy Iguana, I’m out searching the web for the latest and greatest information on mpg cap and found your great site. Although this post wasn’t specifically what I was looking for it definitely got my interest and attention. I see now why I found your interesting blog when I was looking for mpg cap related information and I’m grateful I found your site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post, thanks for your informative site

12:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Lazy Iguana, just looking around for some network marketing info but
glad I dropped by. Check out my network marketing site if you
get a chance.

Thanks for the read.

16:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home