This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Too much poop!

Someone commented about the size of the litter box I must have to support three cats. Actually, there are two litter boxes in the house. I am thinking about adding a third box.

but all these boxes are a pain in the ass. There is a lot of scooping involved. And then there is the stink. One day of no scoops for me equals three days of no scooping for a single cat house. Two days of no scooping equals 6 days of no scooping for a one cat house.

So, obviously there has to be a better way! This is America after all! We have invented 4 wheel electric scooters so that we do not have to walk in the supermarket! There has to be some crazy way to deal with the cat box the lazy way. I found this device.


It hooks up to a human toilet OR washing machine. Clean water goes in one tube, and you-know-what comes out the drain tube. The litter is plastic BBs, not clay. It works on a timer, twice a day it "flushes" itself. One flush consists of filling the box with water, circulating it really fast using a pump, then draining it. This happens 5 times. Then a heater dries the litter. That is ONE flush. It seems like a horrible waste of energy, just to be a lazy cat owner. But who cares. Cat poop is icky.

The company that makes this device is no longer in business. Too bad too, I might actually buy one. Or two. I read someome comment that the box stinks during the flush cycles, but really - how does the bathroom smell after YOU pollute it? I would bet that you do not leave the throne room smelling like roses.

Then there is this device.


Now, this device is MUCH CHEAPER than the automatic flushing box. I am seriously considering giving it a try. Here is what it looks like when used properly.




Notice the look of intense concentration. Cat owners can tell what the cat is thinking..."Dont slip! Dont slip!". Websites by people that have trained their cats to do this say it can take months.
But the payoff is NEVER HAVING TO SCOOP AGAIN! I think the effort will be worth it.

After all, I am fairly lazy. And I hate scooping.

10 Comments:

Blogger K-Prime said...

It's pretty incredible the amount of work you'll put in to being lazy. Not that I'm mocking you. I would do the exact same thing. That's why I have a dog that I've trained to poop on other peoples' lawns.

04:31  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

The self-flushing kitty litter box sounds like a good idea, but what happens if one of the kitties is having private time in there when it decides to flush? I can just see the chaos now; screaming, wet cat with poop all over it running madly through your house.

As for training them to use a human potty, I've heard it could be done...but anyone I've met who's tried it said it didn't work.

I think the kitty on the toilet isn't concentrating. I think he's a mix of humiliation and resignation, so you might consider the damage it may do to delicate cat psyches. ;o)

08:44  
Blogger Fred said...

Please do give it a try. I also have three cats (one is a 22-pounder!) with two litter boxes. One is outside and the other in the laundry room.

I'd like to see if it really works as I'm not a huge fan of scooping, either.

09:10  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Saurkraut echos my thoughts, the flushing cat box has disaster written all over it.

My cousin's cat is potty trained. The only problem is he occassionally misses the potty and his little kitty droppings end up sitting on the toilet seat or in a pile by the side of the cammode. I can only imagine how gross it would be if he got a tummy bug and had diarrhea.

09:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get a littermaid automated box! works great and the cat litter lasts way longer. it scoops for you into a covered plastic bin. you cn either dump the bin filled with cat dookie and reuse it or put a new one in. providing your cat doesnt have the hershey squirts, the bins can be reused.

as far as the cat squatting on the toilet.. all i can think of is "keep flushing while standing on lid, cat will make lots of noise, dont worry, its enjoying it, keep flushing!"

09:27  
Blogger TLP said...

Good reason not to have animals. They poop. It's all gross.

I've always felt that poop and pee are proof there is no god. If you were designing people and animals, would you make them poop and pee? I don't think so.

11:20  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Tan Lucy Pez, maybe you're thinking about the wrong god. Perhaps the Egyptians got it right, and god is really a dung beetle. ;o)

15:28  
Blogger dddragon said...

The answer is to have CHILDREN and it's their job to scoop the poop.

Or to have a significant other who does it.

I use both methods.

15:32  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I might try the self scooping cat box.

I have some issues with it however. The three cats I have now take the burying of the poop VERY seriously. It is like they are making a sandcastle in there or something.

So the boxes are deep, and have lids. Otherwise, litter gets scattered everywhere.

I have evil cats.

21:59  
Blogger TLP said...

Actually, if you are going to have cats at all, I think they should be EVIL. If I were to have a pet (other than the husband), it would be a cat. Cat's aren't suck-ups.

22:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home