This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hurricane Work Day

This is the coolest hurricane ever. I only had to work about 1/2 the day, but I got paid for the full day. Why? Because it is raining outside. And the wind is blowing. It will probably rain all night, and into the morning. The wind might also keep blowing all night. There is no avoiding it now. I will be in a tropical storm sometime before midnight.

The eye will pass just to the south of Fort Lauderdale, and looks like it will stretch from Lauderdale to Hialeah. This is a VERY populated area, so an assload of people are going to be out of power today. Even if this is just a category 1 storm, there will be damage. It could be fairly widespread in scope. The hurricane force winds will be to the north of me, but not by much.

Anyway, I get to go to work tomorrow! Thats right! It is my day off, but not anymore. Tomorrow will probably be a crappy day anyway - so why not go in. I will not get overtime, this 8 hours will go directly towards administrative time. So now I can be sick for a day. Or I can request a day off. If I have to leave early, I can do that too. My first week, and I already got paid to leave early AND I will rack up 8 hours in the time off bank. When I work on Labor Day I will rack up another 8 hours in the time off bank.

I might be the ONLY PERSON in the office tomorrow. No boss. No anyone. I will have to answer the phone, if it rings. I will also have to deal with the fax machine - if it spits out any faxes. The Consulate Offices will probably be closed due to some kind of storm, so it could end up being very quiet. There are a few assignments that I will have to do, but these are not a big deal. I think I can handle em.

That is all for now. I wanted to post this before the power cuts out.

9 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Well, gee, have fun with the storm! LOL. I don't think I've seen anyone so excited to have a storm since my Mama died. She did love a storm.

18:17  
Blogger Lila said...

Be CAREFUL, LI.

18:48  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I've always liked it when it stormed ever since I was a child. Sounds like an interesting job. Good luck.

19:47  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Just read about this hurricane!

You poor Floridians have been having quite a stormy year.

Hang in there.

20:23  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Take care, don't stand under any falling trees! The job is still sounding mighty cool.

13:39  
Blogger TLP said...

I'm guessing that the power is out, or you'd be back telling us that you're safe.

You ARE safe, aren't you?

17:34  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I love it. Hurricanes are so exciting, I've always loved them. I grew up here, so I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I think that they are so...how do I put it? Breathtakingly awe-inspiring. Dramatic. And yeah, we get time off work...

09:07  
Blogger Fred said...

My in-laws still don't have power. They're in Homestead.

11:55  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Katrina turned out to be a nasty bitch. A ho bag.

I am out of power and DSL, so I had to take my laptop to Titanic Resturant and Brewery where they have power, AC, wireless internet, cold beer, and food.

More photos and shit when the lights are back on.

14:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home