This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Katrina Is A Ho Bag

The stupid storm decided to take a hard turn to the south, which was not part of the forecast track. I had a feeling it would do this, but did not think it would go as far south as it did. In short:

1. Electricity at my pad will not be on till maybe Tuesday. My dad works for the power company so this is very reliable information

2. The front yard is treeless. I got some cool tree photos.

3. Titanic Resturant And Brewery has electricity, AC, cold beer, and food. I will be living here more than usual. Oh yea, they also have free wireless internet.

4. I put in a 11 hour day at work Friday. Only two people from the department reported to work, the other guy could not get out of his driveway due to trees. I got OT up the wazoo. Some of it is still stuck up there.

5. Cold showers suck ass. But the hot water heater still has some warm water in it. If I conserve the crap out of it, it might last a few more days.

6. Everything in the fridge is now garbage. I was able to save the important frozen stuff by taking it to work (ice cream and frozen pizza).

7. I have about 3 hours of battery life on the laptop. But I can recharge the thing, I have power inverters. I also have a 5 kilowatt generator but it is buried under a mountain of shit in the garage, never to be seen again. Kind of like the Ice Man found when a glacier melted, one day I will find the generator. But the fuel left in it will probably be a thick coat of varnish. Also, I hate generators. They are loud. I want to shoot a hole in the gas tank of the generator next door.

8. I have 40 gallons of gasoline in the boat fuel tank, so I do not have to wait in a long ass line to buy premium fuel because all the 87 octane is gone.

9. It is a sad day when I would rather be at WORK than at HOME. Home has no AC, no TV, no electricity, no food, and so on. Work has all of these things. Plus, my job is not too hard.

10. The eye of the storm passed over me. I was in it. I was also in the strongest part of the eye wall. It was neat, in an "oh shit the power will be out for a week" kind of way. I got to see trees fall over, the sky was glowing with green light from the transformers and feeders shorting out, and the noise of the wind was something you just have to experience to know about.

11. When rain is mixed with 80 mph wind, it hurts like hell. Do not be out in it like my dumb ass was. Why was I out? Good question. One of these days I will have an answer. I guess I just wanted to know what it was like. It sucks.

11 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Wow! You blogged! I came over to see if you were okay. I had contact from someone in Florida who has no electric and is also okay. That's what counts. But the other junk sucks.

15:39  
Blogger Jane said...

Glad to hear that you are ok though, can't wait for you to upload the photos, but I guess they can wait until you have the power back on.

The Hurricane hit the news here in the UK I thought of you but I thought you were out of its path.

17:59  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

I'm glad you are okay. That sucks about the power being out for so long. I bet standing in the eye was really an experience!

18:58  
Blogger Lila said...

Sorry dude. That bites. "Katrina" keeps reminding me of that horrible 80s band, "Katrina and the Waves." They were "Walking on Sunshine", however. I hope you're careful and not too uncomfortable!

21:11  
Blogger Raph said...

God, I hope you continue to be doing alright. And here I was thinking blizzards were a bitch.

Keep us updated. Until I read your blog, I never knew details on what it's like for someone living in a hurricane region. It's very, very interesting.

06:55  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

That Ho Bag is looking like a Ho Master right about now. New Orleans looks like it is screwed! I told you to send it out into the gulf and up my way. Can I take that back now?

07:56  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Whew. Been there/ done that. You have my sympathy. I remember the hot, sticky nights without electricity. Bleah.

08:35  
Blogger Fred said...

Glad all is well. My in-laws just got their power back yesterday.

13:21  
Blogger Aginoth said...

Glad you're ok mate, just think of all the reading you can catch up on with no TV :o)

16:10  
Blogger Lila said...

I sure hope you're okay, Lazy Iguana!

21:39  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

That must have been so scary. Maybe you went into 80 mph rain because you were curious.

15:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home