This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Meaning Of Words

I figure I am not the first person to come up with this. Someone HAD TO discover this way before I did.

But I will post it anyway.

Everyone knows that the english language is really a hodgepodge of other languages. There are words that come from french, from spanish, from russian, from latin, from german, from greek, and so on. You name a language, and there are probably words in english derived from it.

So, where did the word politics come from? Here is my guess.

Poly = many
Ticks = little blood sucking spider like insects.

Hummmm....it just works out way too well to be a coincidence.

2 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

Oh, yeah. I knew that. Didn't everybody?

(lol - very good!!)

18:05  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Excellent! I'm sure you're correct!!!

P.S. I was in politics and never heard THIS one before. Good call.

18:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home