This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The American Way

As you all know, I can be critical of America. I am not one of those who thinks that EVERYTHING America does is great. After all, America is made of people - and people can make mistakes. Like for example voting for Bush. So not everything America does as a nation is going to be correct.

The same goes for every other nation on Earth. People make mistakes, and people run nations. This is the root cause of most of the world's problems. People making mistakes, and running nations at the same time.

But there ARE things that work out great. America is not always wrong.

So what can these things be? There are many, but today I will only share one from the list.

Hurricane Days Off. The County decided to pretty much shut down for the day. I still get paid, but I do not have to go to work. If I DO go to work, I will get paid overtime - PLUS I will get 8 hours of administrative leave time.

Confused? Let me sort it out for you. IF I go in I work for 8 hours, get paid for 12 hours - and rack up another 8 hours in paid leave time. If I do not go in, I still get paid for the day as if it were a regular day.

Chances are it will be a fake hurricane for Dade County. What is a fake hurricane? It is when a hurricane comes close, but does not hit me. Yea, I will get tropical storm conditions - but these are no big deal. It still remains to be seen if I get sustained storm conditions, or just the feeder bands.

There is a high pressure system that looks like it will keep the worst of the storm to the south, but as always this is subject to error. It COULD veer to the north and give nastier conditions to Dade County, but probably not. Of course this means it will hit The Keys. Not that I want it to do this, but I have no control over what the storm does. It will do what it does, and nothing more.

So there we go. My forecast is for a fake hurricane in Dade County, I will not have to go to work, and because this IS America I will still get paid.

The fake storm will "hit" in the morning, and pretty much last most of the day. The feeder bands will probably be enough to keep flights out of MIA, so I will not get called in. No airplanes landing or taking off means no reason to go to work.

But I still get paid, because this is America. This is a great nation indeed!

4 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

LOL. Have a great day off. Life is good, no?

09:29  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Hooray for fake hurricanes! Now if it will only have the good grace to stay fake when it rams into Houston later this week.

15:49  
Blogger Lila said...

Good for them! And good for you! Enjoy, and stay safe.

21:26  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

What I like about America is that you can start over again if you screw up. And the social rules aren't as rigid here.

When I was in Germany, my mother kept correcting me on walking on the curb side of the sidewalk, except when it was raining and then it was to hold my umbrella higher than the person coming towards me. All these little rules.

In Brazil, there are all these weird ideas about how you are supposed to dress.

13:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home