This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Something Wrong Here.....

Today (Friday), on my day off, I got called into work. It was not really a surprise, I knew about this on Thursday. I agreed to the whole thing.

Now under normal conditions, the idea of me working overtime is insane. Voluntary overtime is totally unheard of. Me, The Lazy One, going to work on my day off, voluntary? Huh? This can only mean a few things.

1. Another sign that the end of the world is near is here.
2. I am on forced medication.
3. The aliens are using mind control devices again.
4. I have a large gambling debt to pay off, and the bookie is at my door.
5. The price of beer has gone up, and I need more money.
6. I fell off a ladder and hit my head too hard.
7. The radiation from the airport x-ray machines is finally getting to me.

But as much fun as it is to speculate - the truth is fairly simple. I like this job. I like the people who I work with. Also I have nothing else better to do. If I did not go in, what would I have done today? Nothing, thats what. I would have pissed the day away playing Destroy All Humans on the Playstation 2.

Not to mention the overtime pay. That is nice to get. I have racked up a bunch of OT hours for this pay period. I am going to like my next check.

It is nice to have a job that does not really feel like work. Staying late, going in early, or even working on the most holy of all days - my days off - is something I do not mind doing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

That is so great! I'm really happy for you!

10:22  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You sound like a changed man, Iguana! Good to hear that you are enjoying the new job.

Stay safe!!

17:17  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

Good for you! It's great to like your job. Gives you a good feeling.

06:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home