This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shark Valley Photos

This week I was able to pack my camera with me on my ride through Shark Valley. So I have photos of the everglades! I saw stuff like this.

And this

And other stuff too. Way too many photos to post here. So I made another webpage! Hooray!

And I have decided to provide a link here. I was going to make you all guess where the webpage was, but I decided that was just evil. So here is the link!

On the page, you will find more pictures of more alligators and birds. And you will also learn how Shark Valley got its name. And other stuff. It will be cool.

The page features small photos for dial up users. Those with high speed access can click on the small images to open up the full size images. My camera is a 5.0 mega-pixel Sony Cybershot, and I used the higher resolution settings - so the full size images are large. A few come close to 3 megs, others are just over 1 meg. Most of them hover around the 2 meg mark. With the 10 megs Bellsouth gave me, I had to shoot in 640x480 mode. With the 10 gigs I have now, there is no such limitation.

I hope you all like the virtual tour of Shark Valley. If you are ever in South Florida, IN THE WINTER, consider a day trip to Shark Valley. It is very nice there. Just avoid the place in the summer. It is hot as hell, and the bugs will suck out all your blood.

8 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Well, these two pictures have made me want to see the others. So, I'll go over there now.

23:20  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

No post webpage viewing comments?

23:39  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Saw your comment at anonymousmidwestgirl's page; love the periscope idea!

Cool pics; I've only been to the everglades once, when I was 5. We got a classy shot of my Dad pretending to throw me to an alligator only 10 feet away.

15:29  
Blogger TLP said...

The webpage photos are awesome. That's an overused word, but it fits.

I've toured the Okefenokee Swamp and also a bayou in Mississippi, so I've seen some gators. You have some great shots!

21:28  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

My lizard brothers let me get very close to them. They accept me as part of the group.

23:55  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I LOVE anhingas. Cormorants are their close cousins, and we get lots of both here.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

You're right about the outdoors in Florida during the summer. Unless you're near the beach or in a 'civilized' playground like Bush Gardens or Disney World, that is. Otherwise, anyone with any sense is coated in bug repellant.

11:25  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Avoid ANY theme park in the summer. It is hot as hell, and very crowded. Between the heat and all the idiots making the lines 1 hour long at the least, you WILL pass out.

Also, Donald might have the bird flu.

21:51  
Blogger Lissette said...

Great pics! I'll put up my camping adventures story along with pics that I took at Bear Island. The pics are available on Flickr, so if you'd like you can check them out there too. Flickr Pics

13:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home