This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Crunchy Grass

It is friggin COLD outside. I had to use the heater in my truck tonight. In fact, most of Florida is under a freeze warning. Tonight the lows for the county to the north of Miami-Dade and to west of Broward are forecast to get to the lower 30s. Tomorrow it is supposed to drop below 30 by a degree or two. Below freezing in South Florida.

Now I know you all are thinking "but what about Miami-Dade County?!?! What is it going to be like in Iguana Land?". So here we go. This is stolen from the National Weather Service website.

Overnight: Partly cloudy, with a low near 36. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Monday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 63. Wind chill values between 32 and 37 early. North wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Monday Night: Areas of frost after midnight. Otherwise, partly cloudy during the early evening, then becoming clear, with a low around 31. North wind between 7 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Did you get that last part about the low around 31? Last time I checked, 32 was the freezing point. Below freezing, in Miami. This happens from time to time, but not every winter.

So anyway, it is official now. It is cold outside. I had to bring Max the monitor lizard inside a few nights ago (Max lives inside when the temp drops below the mid 60s). Spaz the iguana escaped a while ago when I forgot to close the cage all the way one morning. Spaz was fairly wild anyway.

Now I know you might be thinking "one degree below freezing is NOT cold! There is 10 feet of snow on the ground in my yard!". But consider this - I live in the sub-tropics, not the frozen wasteland. Stuff here is all tropical and stuff. There are no caribou running in the everglades or anything. 31 degrees is COLD by Miami standards.

It would be like YOU getting a category three hurricane. When was the last time New Brunswick got a hurricane - Canada OR New Jersey? I got hit by TWO hurricanes last season. And now my lawn will be crunchy from some frost. The two hurricanes I can deal with, but crunchy frosty grass!?!?!? In my front lawn?!?!

9 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Oh but it IS cold. And I HATE the cold. This is horrible...

11:22  
Blogger Lissette said...

Oh, I wouldn't go as far as to say, "It would be like YOU getting a category three hurricane. When was the last time New Brunswick got a hurricane - Canada OR New Jersey?" Remember
, Washington, D.C. got hit by a hurricane in 2003! By the way, my uncle had a great painting that he bought a while ago featuring our favorite president with his underware around his ankles riding a bomb. It's great, and I immediately thought of you when I saw it hanging in his house this past weekend. I forgot what it's called, but it had some great name like who's your daddy or something silly like that.

17:30  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I thought it was warm in Florida, like California.

About time you Flordians experience a bit of cold. Since it is in the 80s here in California, I better keep quiet.

20:02  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I thought it was warm in Florida, like California.

About time you Flordians experience a bit of cold. Since it is in the 80s here in California, I better keep quiet.

20:02  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

DC is not New Brunswick. And neither is Miami. But yet, my grass could get crunchy tonight.

21:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this cold is great! i'm loving it. it does make peeing quite a chore when your hands are cold!

09:47  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Happy V and Lupercalia Day, Iguana! Hope you thawed out.

09:49  
Blogger Lila said...

Geez! I hope it warms up for you. It doesn't seem fair for Florida to be that cold.

21:14  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

We all survived the crunchy grass. Crisis over!

21:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home