This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Raymond Of Arabia

I have noticed something. Ratings for my blog, measured by comments, takes a major nosedive when I go off onto news type rantings. So for today I will change the pace a little bit.

A co-worker of mine is going off to Iraq to work for KBR. So what does this mean? A few things. Without Ray in the office things will not be the same.

1. Ray likes the A shift which operates from 0400 - 1200. With one less person working the 4 AM shift, there will be days when the A shift is short. Thursday nobody has the A shift as the boss granted leave to someone before it was known that someone was going to Iraq. I already called "NOT IT". Overtime is always good, but having to be at work at 4 AM sucks. Thr good of the overtime is nullified by the suckiness of having to be somewhere, sober and wearing a suit, at 4 AM.

2. There will be an opening in my office. This means I move up one slot in the bidding pecking order. Now when I bid for a shift I get to choose from three options!

3. I called "dibs" on the outgoing person's desk calendar and laser printer.

Oh yea, this is just creepy. During the whole "Mohammad cartoon" thing I did a little Googling. I found this image.



Click the image for a larger view.

Note that I can show this image without pissing off any Islamic fundies - unless of course you think that Mohammad looked like a British dude. The book the image is in was published in 1715. The sort of creepy part? If you take my co-worker who is going off to work in Iraq and put a towel on his head - he looks a whole lot like the guy in the book. A WHOLE LOT. Fairly creepy huh?

And now for the best part of this whole thing. The dude has a fat sweet condo in Sunny Isles. The condo has 2 rooms and is on the TOP FLOOR - so in theory it is a penthouse. The building is only 6 floors, so it is not like a penthouse on the 30th floor of a building on Brickell Avenue - but work with me here.

Come August, there is a chance that the place will be empty. The person who is renting it now may get the boot because of damage that has been done to the place.

I called "dibs" on the lease. Cool huh? Yea, I will be the only person in the condo that did not go to High School with Moses (LOTS of old folks in Sunny Isles) but what the hell. I will be on the top floor so all the noise from my "wild parties" that last till 9 PM will just escape into the atmosphere. I will also start a condo program to collect the batteries from hearing aides.

My co-worker entered a condo lottery when they built a dock behind the building. Oh did I forget to mention that the building overlooks the intracostal waterway? Drat! I knew I was leaving something out. Behind the building is the pool and stuff, and then there is a seawall - and then there is the ocean.

Anyway - he won space on the dock. So this means there is a place to tie off a boat. A private place to tie off a boat. I can pimp that space off to reduce the amount of rent I have to pay, OR I can use it myself.

If by some chance I can score a lease on the place Ill put the pictures here.

6 Comments:

Blogger mal said...

Wooo Hooo?

I do admire your civic mindedness in recycling all those hearing aid batteries.

07:41  
Blogger TLP said...

Wow! Did this guy really go Iraq or did you off him? Just askin'. You sure are having fun now that he's gone.

09:37  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

As long as I do not have to cover too many vacant A shifts, things will be OK.

11:27  
Blogger Lissette said...

That totally rocks about the place! It'll be nice and quite and such and I think you'll be going against traffic, not with traffic when you need to go places, but I'm not to sure about that, but still! I'm sure the oceanview's gotta rock!

15:04  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Aw, the condo sounds sweet. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you get it, that's it: I'm coming for a visit. I'll bring the beer.

16:30  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

If I get the place, there will be a legendary party. The landlord will be 10,000 miles away, and once I collect all the hearing aide batteries the neighbors will be deaf.

The party will be of epic proportions. There will be much throwing up in the toilet and passing out on the balcony. A police chopper might pass by and light the place up just to say "darn that is a legendary party!". Spring breakers all over the place will want to be there.

20:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home