This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hoy Es Sabado

It is Saturday again! At least for ME it is Saturday again.

I have the power to create my own reality. Your "reality" has no bearing on me. In effect, I reject your reality and choose to replace it with whatever the crap I decide to make up.

Kind of like The President! How about them apples? Except my reality is not insane.

Today I WAS going to get some service done to my truck. The ball joints are still under a recall, which I have not done squat about. I should also probably have the trannie fluid drained and replaced, just to be on the safe side.

OH YEA! I almost forgot! I did buy that Meade LX90 telescope. It is pretty nice. It has the UHTC optics and the LNT thing. The LNT thing uses the FM principle to level the scope AND point it north, so I do not have to do these things before it goes into automatic alignment mode. The FM principle is also known as "F___ing Magic". With the LNT thing and the Autostar go to computer thing I can find the Ring Nebula even if it is washed out of the night sky by the light pollution, I have no idea WHERE in the sky it is, and I have had multiple beers.

How good are the optics? Lets just say I can resolve Castor as a double star with a 20mm eyepiece. The telescope focal length is 2000mm. To calculate magnification you divide the scope focal length by the eyepiece focal length. 2000 / 20 = 100. The two stars that make up Castor (which looks like a single point to human eyes) are fairly close together - so the resolving power of the scope can be measured in arc seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home