This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Primero Dia

The first day of spanish class went fairly well. I learned how to ask people what their name is, how to count from 0 - 39, the days of the week, and the months of the year, how to ask for a phone number, how to tell someone what my name is, and how to tell someone what my phone number is. My best guess for stoping the numbers at 39 is that I really do not need to know numbers past 31. Last time I checked, there is no 45th of May. Oh yea I also learned the spanish alphabet. Some of this stuff I already knew.

So if someone asks me "es este Julio?" I can say "Si, este es Julio.". Then I can run away, for I will know the person asking me the question is crazy. I can deal with not remembering what day it is, but you should at least know what month you are in.

Of course in class the answer to the above question is "No. Este no es Julio. Este es Mayo." Class is often not as much fun as real life.

But now for the important part. There are people older than me and younger than me in the class. I am not the old fart, and I probably have a better job and make more money than those younger. Most of the people in the class seem to be new transplants to Miami, so I have a bit of an advantage. My accento is not nearly as horrible as some of the others, even if my accento gringo is pretty heavy.

The class is not a sausage festival. There is only one other dude in the lot. Most of the other students are in my age group. There is a place to get cafe cubano or cafe americano in the bookstore. Oh yea the class meets in a Borders Bookstore. I may have neglected to mention that.

So far so good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, come on.. you already know all the spanish you need in miami! at least all the spanish you need to be able to drive!

1) !come' mierda!, used when a slow poke gets infront of you in traffic
2) !hijo puta!, used when someone cuts you off
3) !viva castro!, something you yell out when driving past domino park or versailles restaurant

13:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home