This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

How To Book Your Flights

Today my friend was supposed to return from Spain. Because I can park at the airport for free, and I had the day off anyway - I was supposed to provide a ride home. No big deal.

So I get to the terminal, my second home, and go to the exit of Concourse A. Then I decide to use some connections to find out if my friend was booked on the flight.

As it turns out, he was not. American Airlines had the booking, but my friend never checked in for the flight.

Anyway, this set off a whole chain of events. First I had to find out if he made the Iberia flight out of Madrid to Puerto Rico, or if he had to take some other flight or whatever.

Lucky for me, I can find stuff out at the airport. So I found out from Iberia that my friend did leave Madrid, but that the flight was 3 hours late.

His connection layover was 2 hours. So the flight from San Juan to Miami left 30 minutes before he landed in Puerto Rico.

But that was it. That was all I could get. I figured I would wait for the last flight to arrive.

However, I got a call from my friend who was stuck in Puerto Rico. I kind of already figured this out. So I have to go back to the airport tomorrow at 11 AM.

So what did we learn here? A few things.

1. ALWAYS book the direct flight

2. If you can not get a direct flight, you do not really need to go there. Pick another destination.

3. If you MUST connect, remember that a 2 hour layover is not very long for an international to domestic flight. It is better to schedule a 6 hour layover. That way your departure flight can be late and you do not miss the connection.

4. If 6 hours is too long to lay over, remember rule 1 and 2.

5. Seriously. FLY DIRECT!

6. OK FINE! Be that way! Argue with me and insist that you must catch a connecting flight. And complain that 6 hours is too long to sit in a terminal. Find out if the airline you are flying on has a club. Buy a day membership. The airline clubs are nicer than the public terminal.

8 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

Years ago, TLP and I had to stay overnite in Chicago because our first flight out of Sacramento left late. We ran across the length of O'Hare to watch the plane pulling away from the gate Interestingly, the plane was only about 10 feet from the building, but there was not one single employee to be seen anywhere! (this was 10 pm)

19:42  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The gate agent was probably in the jet bridge.

20:26  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yes, airline club.

American Airlines has the Admirals Club

Brittish Airways has "terraces lounge"

Delta has the "crown room"

And so forth. These clubs are for premium passangers (first class, business class, and very fequent fliers), and for regular people who are willing to pony up the day pass fees.

Depending on the layover, it is worth it. Free drinks. Showers. Food. It is there.

02:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Exactly the reminder I needed. Its hard to believe that this post was random. So fuck you.

00:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching for Travel Guide?
We have collected together in one convenient place a wide assortment of atlantaTravel Guide information.

09:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching for Travel Guide?
We have collected together in one convenient place a wide assortment of Los Angeles Travel Guide information.

23:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, that you are not right. I am assured. I can prove it.

17:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is removed

23:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home