This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Mission Today.

Today was my day off. I have to work Monday, I traded my "Sunday" for a REAL DAY OFF - next Saturday!!!

But enough of that - I will get back to that later. Right now I want to get to my mission for the day.

DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY. That was my mission. Pretty easy huh? All I have to do is...well...be lazy! And not spend any money.

Well it rained today, so I figured that it would be EASY to not spend any money. Food for Max The Lizard did not count as "spending money".

Anyhow I almost made it. At around 9 PM I remembered I had to go to the supermarket for a few things. $80 later, I left. Oh well. Better luck next mission. By the way, I did not buy ANY food. Just stuff - some for the office and some for home.

Anyway, back to the weekend stuff. I work tomorrow for one of my co-workers. In return, she works for me on Saturday (the "supervisor" gets Saturday and Sunday off).

And my regular days off are STILL Sunday and Monday. So lets do some math here! 2 + 1 = 3! See how easy that was?

Next weekend, I get THREE days off. In a row. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. And Tuesday I do not have to be at work till 3 PM! And I do not have to take a single day of annual, sick, or vacation time! I did this by trade alone.

Of course, I like finding ways to exploit the system. It is one of my hobbies. So once the three day weekend was secured, the gears started to turn inside my brain.

In addition to sick and annual leave, I also get all the Federal Holidays. I can choose to bank these days (up to 180 hours I think) OR I can cash them out as I get them. I choose to bank them. In addition to these days (Veteran's Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving Day, Colombus Day, etc) I also get two BONUS days that I can use whenever I feel like it. My birthday and a "floating" holiday. Here is how they work.

On my birthday, my birthday holiday is available. I have to use it in 6 months OR LOOSE IT! After I use my birthday holiday, I have another 6 months to USE my floating holiday - OR LOOSE IT! They can not be banked.

So Friday I will use my birthday holiday. This will add another day to my three day weekend! A FOUR DAY WEEKEND! And I do not have to use ANY of my "real" vacation time. My birthday holiday expires July 11. I will use my "floating" holiday to go out in my boat.

And it is POSSIBLE....just POSSIBLE....that at sometime in the near future.....like March or April 2007....that I MIGHT GO to Austria. Salzburg, Austria. I need a Mozart Moment. And also the Czech Republic, to Prague. And while I MIGHT be way the hell over there, Poland. I could use the Schiphol Airport, and then catch the train.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lissette said...

That's funny sarkasmo, I seem to have the same problem with yarn! For some reason, I just can't keep away from all that darned pretty sock yarn that calls me and tells me that I must have more, even though I already have about $400 worth of it stashed in bins ALL OVER my house! Yup, it's becoming a problem.

Do they have a knitters annonymous yet?

BTW Mr. Iguana in Amsterdam....well, that's just a scary thought. I'm sure you'll have a ball though. If you go you MUST come back with loads of pics!

19:13  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ill only be in Amsterdam one day. I would also like my layover in London to allow me to stay there one day.

After a Trans-Atlantic flight, I will be thirsty. I will require multiple pints.

23:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home