This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Finished Project

So some of you may be wondering what my bike stand project looks like. Well guess what? I remembered I have a digital camera! So there will be pictures.

I used 3/4 inch galvanized "nipple pipe", which is available at anyplace that sells plumbing supplies. The nipple pipe is threaded on both ends, and all the T and elbow fittings are also threaded, so everything uses screw together technology. Pretty simple stuff really.


This is the stand, in all its glory. Notice how it is painted red. Also notice the 2x4 planks, which were cut with the CHOP SAW! I love that thing. It makes chopping wood planks as easy as cutting butter. Truly, the man who invented the chop saw needs a holiday named after him


This is the top of the stand. Notice how it is also painted red. The black is electrical tape over this silicone mat thing from the kitchen crap section of Target. I cut sections of the mat to size, then wrapped it all up in electrical tape. This keeps the bike from getting scratched. So far it works. No new scratches.


And here is the stand doing its job. Holding the bike. The thing is stable as can be. In case you are wondering, it is attached to the 2x4 planks with pipe clamps and 8 nails.

Behold my works! Marvel at my engineering skills! Envy the snazzy red paint job!

I think the project is finished. Almost. I may paint the wood white. That would look bad ass.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Dude,

Forget about the bike rack you got a serious green thumb, That grass is beautiful. Is that St. Augustine or a hybrid? No chinch bugs there. Very impressive.

10:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - the grass is un-killable. I do not do anything to it. No watering, no fertilizer, and so on. The secret is to let the grass grow high every now and then. Or in my case often because mowing sucks. If you let the grass grow, the roots go deeper. Try it sometime.

Badoozie - I call it a chop saw. The circular saw blade is on this arm thing. You clamp the wood into place and lower the arm. Wood is cut. No problem. It will do miter cuts.

15:28  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Painted the wood white, then speckled it with red paint sprayed from a distance.

Oh yea.

18:27  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

A nice paint job always finishes things right.

19:23  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Darn tootin there Fuzz! And it is RED! So it will go faster :)

19:31  
Blogger Michael said...

Lazy Iguana:

Great stand! I used to hang my bike from the basement ceiling (drove some hooks into the wooden beams), but I was always stretching to reach the gear and brake levers...

03:37  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Well, I never would have come up with it. I'm completely mechanically inept.
Nice work.

05:35  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Michael - hanging from the rafters works. But I do not have rafters. I would have to put holes in a plaster ceiling.

Kristen - the stand rules. And screw together technology is always the way to go. No welding!

cheesemeister - it was very easy to make. Assembly took only a few minutes. It took longer to find all the crap at the Home Depot.

14:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home