This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

72

Seventy two. The number of the week.

It is the number of hours I am scheduled for at work this week. This works out to six shifts, each one lasting for twelve hours.

My normal week consists of a 42 hour week. One six hour stint, then three twelve hour shifts. So the 72 hour schedule is really not so bad all things considered. Two days off become days on, and then my 1/2 day becomes a full day. That is all it takes.

And I also get an extra 30 hours of overtime. This is nice.

Things at work are starting to come together. Operations are still not at 100%, but they will be soon. There will be more opportunities for overtime. I do not know for how much longer, but they will be there at least for the short term. So I suppose Ill grab it while I can get it. Strike while the iron is hot. And so on.

It will be a long week, but a good week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Lots of money, but no time to spend it.

06:07  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yikes. Horrid hours!

08:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - it gets spent anyway. I am involved in a little situation that requires working all I can so that there is enough money to make everything float. In a way it is nice though, it makes me feel useful. The job is not really bad - the day just kind of goes by. No big deal.

Saur - one would think so but it is not really so bad. Others have it worse. At least I get an office, where as many co-workers with the same job title are out on their feet for most of the day. The office position has other perils and fun things to it, but I like it.

22:20  
Anonymous property said...

You are so hard work!72 hours,what is the perception,for me ,I indeed can't accept.It is a miracle if I accept,but you just did it.So,you are really a great man.

02:20  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

A lot of people have to work a lot longer.

I am actually on target for something closer to 80 hours.

21:02  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gawd! I hope that's boo koo overtime pay right there!

06:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home