This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Policies

I start a new job sometime. Exactly when is a mystery.

You see, I actually read stuff given to me. And even though I do not know why - I have a fair amount of common sense.

I asked for - and was given - a handbook of general policies. Policies are good to know - so you do not get in needless trouble.

What was of the most interest to me was the internet policies. This place has a fairly uniform and not at all uncommon internet policy. No using company computers for unauthorized stuff and so on. Not a big deal.

But this is not all. It is also common for companies to restrict personal computer use while off duty. Namely - blogging. They do not care if someone has a blog, you just can not say that the company sucks on it. They also frown on opinions that an employee has that are contrary to company policy or company operations.

People HAVE been fired for personal blogs.

This is why it is mostly a good idea to remain anonymous online. And I do this. I refrain from posting photos of myself here, and I will not mention any employer.

I think this is a good idea. Stay anonymous, and nobody can pin anything on me. No proof means I did not do it.

And it is also the fair thing to do - for everyone involved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

It's that Mystery Man.

06:09  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yup. That is the best way to keep it.

17:24  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's one of the reasons why everything I do online (and in print) is as Lily Strange or Cheesemeister rather than under my real name, Thelma Tweedhopper.

07:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

GOOD IDEA!

I do not understand why so many people post stuff under their real name and/or real photo. It usually ends up in a less than optimal situation.

00:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home