This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

By popular demand

Due to popular demand (I call one comment "popular demand") - the story of how I got the three cats.

Gigi's story is already posted.

Sake came to me when I was at the supermarket buying beer. On the way out, there was a lady and a kid sitting behind a box. I looked into the box - and it had 6 kittens in it. I should have known better. Anyway, one of the kittens looked like a Siamese cat, which I thought would be cool to have. So I took it. When Sake was a kitten she did not have the same colors as the photo on the blog. She looked more like a Siamese. Gigi was about 1 year old at the time.

Fred came to me next. I found Fred at the same supermarket, once again while buying beer. It was raining that day, and a forlorn orange kitten was abandoned in the parking lot. He was covered in grease from using cars to hide from the rain. He let me catch him, and I saw that he had a thing around his neck that looked like a child made it. So I figured I had simply found someone's lost kitten. I went back into the store and bought some Dawn dish soap to "cut the grease" and gave Fred a bath. Then I took his picture and made a "Found Kitten" sign. I posted this sign everywhere - but nobody called. I even had the signs made in color. I must have plastered the area with a hundred signs.

Fred came into the house when Sake was about 7 months old. They are good friends now. At first Sake did not like Fred, but they soon realized they could team up to annoy Gigi.

I did get one call, about 2 weeks after I posted the signs. It was from some lady who called me to say she had found an orange kitten. I explained to her that my signs said FOUND cat, not LOST cat. Some people are not very bright.

If you are new to the blog, do not forget to read the three cat posts. Each one teaches one part of a lesson.

3 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

For some unknown reason, I pictured you with a house full of cats, someone like Hemingway in Key West!

17:39  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ahhh..Papa Hemmingway. One of my heros. A fellow mariner and owner of cats. He had a nice sloop, named Pilar. His boat in in Cuba. We need to invade Cuba and get that boat back! It belongs in Key West.

I do not have a sloop :(
For that matter, I really do not know how to sail. I need to learn how to sail before I attempt to steal the catamaran and go to Aruba.

17:50  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Another Hemingway fan?

Please go to my blog and read about these posts under should Bush be held accountable! I could use your voice!

Thanks,
b

19:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home