This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Good times, bad times....I know I have had my share.

I have a few things to rant about today.

First of all, the stupid tropical storm did not get close enough. People still brought their kids to the learning center. So I had to do something at work today. There was one good thing however. There were no 2:00 kids, so I got to sit around for an hour and a half. I still got paid of course. So it was not a total loss.

But it was OK. I kind of like the job. Yea, I would like to be paid more, but everyone wants to be paid more. The boss does not piss me off, and the kids are OK. So the job is cool. Even if I do have to work sometimes.

But this is way more annoying. Last night while blogging my laptop suddenly went into battery mode. No big deal right? The problem is that it was plugged into the wall at the time. For some reason the AC power supply had quit working. But I have a Centrino processor and a long life lithium ion battery so it was ok. I finished what I was doing then shut the computer down.

The power supply seemed to be dead. I tested the output voltage using a multi-meter. It is supposed to put out 15 volts, I was getting either zero or .02 volts. THIS was a problem. No power supply means no way to charge the battery. And new power supplies are expensive. I was seriously bummed.

But as you already know, 2:00 there were no students at the learning center. So I had from 2:00 – 3:30 free. I went to Best Buy to get another power supply. $90 later I had a crappy ass aftermarket universal power supply. And this power supply does not run on 120v, it runs on 12v. It was made for use in an airplane or car. So I would need to use a 12v power supply I have for 2 way radios AND the crappy $90 computer power supply. Wires wires everywhere!

But when I got home from work, I tested the 120v supply again. It worked! It would not work the night before, but here it was putting out 15 volts.

So now I have to go back to Best Buy and return the crappy ass aftermarket power supply. I will get my $90 back, but I have to go back to Best Buy. I am weak; I will probably end up buying something else. In fact I know I will. I will but the Stripes DVD with 20 minutes of never before seen footage.

And now I leave you…..ANOTHER SANIBEL ISLAND PHOTO! In this photo you can see the resort swimming pool. You can see the pool bar in the background. It is the shack with COCONUTS painted on the roof. As always, click HERE for a full size photo.


the pool Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

No. I live in Miami. I vacation once a year for a week in Sanibel.

See this link for more Sanibel stuff. click all the links

http://lazyiguana.blogspot.com/2005/06/sanibel-island.html

02:19  
Blogger RT said...

Before you return your power cord, you might want to double check the one you have. I had the same problem with my laptop and found out that there was a loose wire where it comes out of the little box thingie (not sure what it's called). I fiddled with it and got it to work long enough to order a new cord from the company, but it did give out shortly after.

10:00  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I hear sanibel is an absolutely gorgeous place to be! I am jealous.

11:48  
Blogger TLP said...

What's the word on the new job? Got a start date?

13:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I will know more about the airport deal on Monday or Tuesday. I would like to get the position, it sounds exciting.

14:26  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Looks great. Bet it's nice in the winter

16:06  
Blogger Lila said...

Man... I want to go to this resort! I need a vacation!

18:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home