This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Sanibel Island

It looks like I will be able to go to Sanibel Island this year.

In case you do not know, last year hurricane Charlie hit Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte FL. Sanibel Island was also in the path of some pretty bad stuff. The time share had major roof damage, and everything in the apartment was soaked. Then the mold set in.

Anyway, all that will be fixed. The unit is not open yet, but they say it will be open very soon. So I will be able to go! That is, unless the mold comes back. That stuff is hard to get rid of.

I took the picture below one morning before I went fishing. In the background you can see San Carlos Bay. It is a protected waterway, as can be seen from the calm sea. I was facing to the north. That is not my sailboat, but it is close to what I would like to get one day. My boat is an 18 foot powerboat(here is another view from the roof) . That sailboat is about 25 - 28 feet. It would make a really nice weekend cruiser. You could even live on it, but if I were going to do that I would want something a little larger.

Click HERE for the full size photo. It is about 500k. I will share more of my Sanibel Island photos over the next few weeks. When I go there in July, I will have a Sanibel picture of the day. The resort has some sort of high speed internet access in the apartments.

I really like my week on the island. It is only 170 miles from my front door to the resort parking lot. I have been going almost every year for at least 25 years now.


This is not my boat :( Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Looks like a very beautiful, peaceful place, a good escape from the U.S., Bush, Rumsfeld and the gang.

08:53  
Blogger TLP said...

Wow. Just lovely. Lucky lizard.

11:28  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

All that beauty and high speed internet to boot!!!
You can't help but enjoy that.

20:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever visited Devil's Island? I will put the group Styx next to the Stones.

22:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home